Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
i must say, in all these years, activity around dailies has been abnormally quiet - is something going on?

Agreed! Never seen such a large gap between dailies. Odd...
[Max] I need help! / License Server HELL
« Last post by Otuama on Today at 07:00:59 »
Hi all,

We're having an arse of a time with the license server.  This has been going on for months now but has become much more regular (I have to log on to the office systems every few hours to stop, then start the license server (LS).

Soooooo, as I say above, we keep losing the LS and when we have this we need to stop/start it again.  This is a right pain when rendering animations.

I'm in touch with Chaos and the guy is helpful but it feel we're getting nowhere of it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

What we were originally told is to:

• go here: C:\Users\SYSTEM NAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos\VRLService
  • stop the LS on each system
  • delete the ssl folder
  • start the LS
  • sign in

This just temporarily solved the problem, just as the stopping/starting LS process does.

We've now been told to centralise the LS - we currently have the LS's (v6.0.1) installed on each system (incl render nodes).

So we've been asked to install LS v5.5.5 on a dedicated system.

Here's what the last email said:

You need a machine that would play the role of the centralized license server. That machine needs to be always on, in the same LAN as the rest, and to have License Server 5.5.5 installed on it (if previously there was a newer version on it- both the newer LS version and Chaos Unified Login need to be uninstalled).

The machine should also have a fixed internal IP address.

Once LS 5.5.5 is installed, you sign in with the license-holding account on that centralized machine.

Then you go to every machine, shut down the 3d platform and all chaos components (if any are open)

Then go to "C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\XXXX\Utils" (where instead of XXXX you have the version of the 3D platform) and run the setvrlservice.exe .
There, for a primary license server, fill in the IP address of the centralized machine, click ok, and then reboot the machine.

Do that on all machines.

It makes sense to have a centralised LS (we have 15 systems) but it also seems like a step back - the fact that we need to use an old version of the LS in order to get something we pay for to work.

We tried to do  this yesterday - The system we're doing it on had Max & Corona on but was uninstalled last year.

I installed LS 5.5.5 but it didn't give me the log on page - when I go to local host seemed to be signed in (but said no license active) - I can't find a way to sign out.

The system isn't in the LS page on the My Chaos site.

-----

What we did notice yesterday was that we has duplicate systems on the My Chaos LS page (I had 3) - we removed the duplicates but this hasn't helped.  I still checked the systems at 2am & half the office had lost their LS - I reconnected them but 3 hours later they had gone again.

---------------------------------

Any help with this would be great because we've had enough.

Thanks
Gallery / Harmony's Haven
« Last post by irakli shubashikeli on Today at 06:43:48 »
Hello friends
I present to you my new short film
"Harmony's Haven" ❤
The Main source of inspiration is Nature
I hope you like it

soft: 3D max . Chaos vantage. chaos corona
Quixel Megascans, Quixel Bridge, Evermotion, poliigon

artstation : https://rb.gy/wzmrdn
Behance : https://rb.gy/n2jok2
Instagram : https://rb.gy/3bew2i

For better quality viewing
This is my new Chanel
follow me youtube: https://rb.gy/tencgj
Gallery / Re: A.TGG House
« Last post by nguyenhai1009 on Today at 05:24:42 »
masterpiece! The dog and the little girl, are they 3D models or added in photoshop?
Thank you! They both are photoshopped
Gallery / Re: A.TGG House
« Last post by linys820 on Today at 05:06:12 »
masterpiece! The dog and the little girl, are they 3D models or added in photoshop?
i must say, in all these years, activity around dailies has been abnormally quiet - is something going on?
PS - the CML will still be there, initially like today as part of the install, but in the future as a separate manual download and install if you really want it.

Im curious, do you track CML useage as part of the useage stats? Is it a minority of users that actually use it frequently?
I use it every day for starter/base materials but increasingly find myself using the presets in the physical material.
Is there a way to allow users to create their own physical material presets?

[Max] I need help! / Scene constantly crashing under interactive
« Last post by MetricaVisuals on Yesterday at 23:10:35 »
Hi, we are having a hard time with a small scene thats crashing all the time under interactive rendering when we make almost any changes..
We are using corona 11.1 and max 2024
To reproduce the crash i just start interactive and change the sun properties

Im also creating a ticket with the scene.
Please help !
[Max] Bug Reporting / MultiTexture odd behaviour
« Last post by aaouviz on Yesterday at 21:46:17 »
I used to do the 'batch add textures' to the multitexture node and it would automatically set the number of slots.

Now, if the number of bitmaps I select is less than the number set it won't remove those empty slots.

I recall this used to work correctly. Right?
What we do for that is to use the forest lister to select and change forest objects while interactive is on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10