Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello everyone,

I've recently started using Corona for 3ds Max again and I'm encountering an issue. I'm not sure if it's a Max or a Corona bug or it's me. The thing is, when I add the environment from the Corona Sun in the modify tab, it doesn't affect my environment and effects. It appears empty, as you can see in the image.

I have a CoronaSky in the material editor that I drag into the environment, but immediately in the Corona Sun dropdown, the option to add the coronasun environment reappears.

What am I missing? Shouldn't it automatically appear in the environment and effects tab in Max when I add the environment?

The point of all this is that i'm not able to use corona clouds :/

Thanks to all.
[Max] I need help! / Glass imperfections / Super Slow Render!
« Last post by shoebu23 on Today at 17:37:58 »
Hi Forum,

Long time Corona-user here (Version 10, Hotfix1).  My question is if anyone else has been experiencing super-long rendering times when adding bitmap roughness to glass?  Typical case would be a wine bottle-- adding in a tri-planar map for smudges, scratches..etc to the roughness slot.  I am not sure if it's just me, but adding this in has dramatically increased render times (like 10x)... seems like much more than before.  I am at the point that I have to abandon adding in details to shots.

Is there something in that workflow that is causing this very dramatic slow-down?  Thank you!
Hi. I'll see if I have time to do this in a bit. Will send you over a file. :)
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Help with refraction please
« Last post by wardy_mk on Today at 16:49:05 »
Thanks, just clicked that box on the boolean worked!
This wasn't my model by the way, I was adapting it to use Corona materials then had to carry out some amends.
I'll try and remember that in future! Thanks. :)
« Last post by TomG on Today at 16:42:23 »
Depends on how it is set up, as to whether it gives the proper "surface, surface, air, surface, surface" in the end result, all as a single object. Would need to see the lathe to know, but if it gave this result sounds like it too was either not creating a single object, or it was not creating an outer, inner, gap, inner, outer surface set up.
« Last post by wardy_mk on Today at 16:15:28 »
Surely there's nothing wrong with a lathe?
« Last post by davetwo on Today at 16:13:58 »
Theres nothing wrong with the material - just your modelling technique :)
If dont want to model it with proper thickness. Then use c4d's inbuilt Thicken Generator, which is made specifically for this purpose
« Last post by wardy_mk on Today at 16:07:55 »
Hello. Well, I did think this but I've tried it with a lathe - the the same effect...!
Thanks for your guidance!

I think I got a general idea of how its going to work from your input.

I'll start with the sample test scene first and work my way up to complex scenes.

I'll surely post results soon to showcase how it looks.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Help! Miniature effect using Tilt-Shift.
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 15:30:43 »
The weburbanist link is badly formatted (I had to remove the last few digits), facebook link works now.

In Corona, there's no way to rotate the focal plane against the sensor back,  that's why Tilt/Shift won't get you this effect. But it's perfectly achievable with exaggerated DOF settings, the info I've posted above should be enough to get you started.
If your scene scale is realistic - for example if you look at an area spanning kilometers - you will have to use unrealistically low values for the f-stop value, try going below 1.0, maybe even as low as <0.1 to make sure.
And don't forget to enable 'Depth of Field', otherwise you won't see any effect.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10