Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Today at 02:38:28 »
I was able to apply the gold graphic to the bottle using a Corona decal, but am having difficulty getting the white background square behind it. My plan was to use another Corona decal for the background, hoping to remove the displacement effect through the decal properties. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make that work. Is there a way to do this with corona decals, or is there a another, easier way to do this? I thought this would be a relatively simple thing to do, but all of my efforts have not brought about the intended results. Any help would be appreciated.

If i understand correctly what you want, this should be possible to do with decals. Make sure second decal (the one with white square) has displacement enabled and add to base disabled. That way its displacement will override bottle's displacement and you should have knurling free area where you want.

Like always there are other methods to achieve what you want that does not require usage of decals, but if decals are working for you, i see no reason not to use them.

Thanks Romullus. That helped. Also, I found it it is important to place the decal objects in the right order! The reason I wanted to use Corona Decals is that it provides a very easy and fast way to change out the label or to make changes to the color of the label (and in this case, the background label). I decided to use a black, or no background, instead of the white as I think it shows off the logo and text better. I have attached some images to show this versatility.

But I am curious as to what other methods you would recommend.
Gallery / Re: Sidus
« Last post by Jadefox on Yesterday at 20:30:08 »
Incredible man. I think everybody is looking for some tips : )
Would you mind telling what HDRI from Hdri Haven ?
Highly saturated yet so realistic. Hope to hear from you my friend : )
[Max] I need help! / Re: Array Modifier, Mapping
« Last post by sofiks on Yesterday at 19:27:08 »
Thanks. Small adjustments of texture Tiling resolved the problem 
[Max] General Discussion / License is NOT WORKING AGAIN
« Last post by totoymachine on Yesterday at 15:54:18 »
I have always experienced this situation, especially during very tight deals. Please help, my Corona license is not working again in my network. I easily get an empty screen on this network: http://127.0.0.1:30304/, and that's it.
This always happens once a month. I need to reinstall the Corona, and then it will work. But this time, it didn't work. I restarted my PC, I restarted the Router, and I Re-install the latest Corona version. In the end, it's not working.

PLEASE, I NEED ADVICE.

Hi,

When I render a specific scene, all lights in the scene are saving seperately. I've searched ''Render Elements'' section on the web, and i guess it is not about lights, but I can see the all lights in Render Elements. If I delete all of these in this section, any problems occur?

Gallery / Beautiful neoclassical villa design in Hai Phong
« Last post by kientrucnamcuongvn on Yesterday at 11:36:29 »
I’ve recently finished designing a neoclassical villa in Hai Phong, a structure that seamlessly marries the ageless charm of classical design with the conveniences of modern living. This luxurious abode serves as a tribute to Hai Phong’s storied past and its forward-looking aspirations. The design of the villa pays homage to the city’s historical architectural beauty while catering to the needs of a modern lifestyle.

Theme: villa
Artist: Kiến Trúc Nam Cường
Graphics Card: RTX1080
Workflow: Sketchup and 3Dsmax
Brief description of post-processing: Camera Raw
Whether the model is original: yes
Source: https://kientrucnamcuong.vn/thiet-ke-biet-thu-hai-phong-uy-tin-chuan-phong-thuy/
I would greatly appreciate receiving your feedback to further improve it.
#kientrucnamcuongvn
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by romullus on Yesterday at 10:56:36 »
I was able to apply the gold graphic to the bottle using a Corona decal, but am having difficulty getting the white background square behind it. My plan was to use another Corona decal for the background, hoping to remove the displacement effect through the decal properties. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make that work. Is there a way to do this with corona decals, or is there a another, easier way to do this? I thought this would be a relatively simple thing to do, but all of my efforts have not brought about the intended results. Any help would be appreciated.

If i understand correctly what you want, this should be possible to do with decals. Make sure second decal (the one with white square) has displacement enabled and add to base disabled. That way its displacement will override bottle's displacement and you should have knurling free area where you want.

Like always there are other methods to achieve what you want that does not require usage of decals, but if decals are working for you, i see no reason not to use them.
Work in Progress/Tests / Re: Rendering with Corona
« Last post by Torsten Angerer on Yesterday at 10:16:00 »
First time I did something different with the Pyro Modul in Cinema 4D other than setting an animated sphere on fire.

At this point i´m not able to color the smoke in Corona. If I cache the color in the Pyro output in advance, it turns out to look like an impenetrable dark mass.

So, i still have a lot of problems to solve.

As an alternative I put the Output into a volume mesher, to get the whole material library to use. in this case I choosed the Fog Material turned puple. It also
reduced the visible grid on the Smoke simulation, but the voxelsize is already at 1.
Gallery / Re: Bokeh is your Friend
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Yesterday at 06:00:24 »
These are great examples, thanks for sharing!
[Max] I need help! / Re: Node to rotate a texture?
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Yesterday at 05:58:14 »
Ideally, you would use the OSL UVW Transform map and it should be enough, but it simply multiples the input values, does not transform.

While this:
OSL might do what you're after, maybe?

works exactly as you would expect. So give it a go.

P.S. it actually works for CoronaBitmap too (instead of OSL file name map), it is just 3ds Max that does not show the node connection lines, but it is there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10