Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[C4D] I need help! / Material ID for layered material
« Last post by Börje on Today at 12:35:18 »
Is it possible to assign a material IDto a layered Corona material?

I cann assign one to the base materials but not to the layered material itself therefore I struggle to let corona render a mask for the layered material.

Thanks in advance for any help!
I remember reporting something like this years ago. Amazed it's either returned or come back.

I have a script button that turns off all scatters (and hides them). It's a great time-saver.
This is a frustrating but expected result, as @Pokoy stated, the more cores a system has, the slower single threaded operations will be.

I vaguely remember an old CPU single performance chart from Tom's Hardware website.

With a list of many high end products starting from 1 core 1 thread Pentium 4 3gHz, this CPU was the slowest of all processors in multicore benchmark and number fastest in single threaded.

I also experience this a lot and makes me feel pessimistic about our profession. That's why I work with my 4 Cores laptop until it is rendering time. It is definitely more responsive during viewport operations than the 24 Core Xeon one.
I report this issue, assuming that hiding a scatter object would turn off its calculations.

I have a virus model, a geosphere and two highly detailed spike protein structures scattered on the surface with a total amount of 62. Sphere is also animated with noise modifier.

A slowdown during viewport playback is expected and experienced. I can't restore the perfomance by hiding all components of the scattered model. I have also tried to delete the noise modifier.

Deleting the the same hidden objects reverts back the playback performance.

Performance change is like from 80 fps to 10 fps. (approximately) File is in the attachment.

3DS Max 2024 with Corona 11
Gallery / sketch for a small apartment building
« Last post by frv on Today at 01:31:42 »
I got a basic 2D layout for an apartment building and a budget of a days work to design the exterior materials, build the 3D model and some terrain and provide for two renders.
I used Chaos Cosmos 3D humans and was surprised how good some of them are. Some are very bad though but some are really very good. Zoom in on the old man reading.

Something was a bit weird. Even though the CR-camera lens was not all that wide angle (50 to70mm) I thought the camera view seemed still very wide, much wider than I expected. Some setting must be wrong or I am just imagining this.
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Corona Shadow Catcher for interior
« Last post by jojorender on Today at 00:18:58 »
A way could be use a 360° hdri of the space, give the SC to the entire model, so the room should not be affected by the light and the armchair is light correctly.
Not sure I understand what you mean. Wouldn’t that be the same as sun & sky?
The 360 just for lighting, since you still need the room geo to catch the shadow on floor, walls, etc..
Anyways, all requests I’ve ever gotten for virtual staging had all regular 2D images…
[C4D] Feature Requests / Corona camera Lister options
« Last post by Konichowaa on Yesterday at 23:13:33 »
maybe add the following to the optional columns in the corona lister cameras tab:

- Film Offset X (I could use this in the camera lister when tweaking all the cameras one by one)
- Film Offset Y
- Focus Distance (Very handy to set driver/set driven in xpresso connecting this to the 'near clipping')

thank you for your consideration
« Last post by edoardo_explorer on Yesterday at 21:20:57 »
Yes, they used sun and sky I put in the scene to simulate the real light coming through the windows in the photo.

The red circled part is shadow from the new armchair (because floor and walls are SC, only the ceiling is an object without SC) and the green circled are areas where the new shadows from the ceiling ovelaps the existing shadows of the photo.

So basically shadows of the room are doubled. But this time shadows of the ceiling only.

I really don't know how virtual stagers can do it easily!
A way could be use a 360° hdri of the space, give the SC to the entire model, so the room should not be affected by the light and the armchair is light correctly.

But if you don't have a 360° I don't know if it's possible
« Last post by jojorender on Yesterday at 20:54:18 »
… render the furniture without using SC and then mask them with mask ID in photoshop, and manually add shadows and reflections on the floor.
But I don't know if there is a way to export just shadows and reflections ready to use.
What a nightmare. Can you imagine any revisions and then constantly photoshopping previews…NO, THANK YOU!
I tried shadow multipass, but I can’t get anything useful.

So they used sun and sky to light this scene? Is the red circled part a shadow from the new chair or already in the original image?
What are all these ghosty layers green circled? If this is what they got out of the VFB, it still needs a ton of photoshop.

While exterior shadow catch works OK, the interior part….well, could be better.
Virtual staging is pretty big in the nyc real estate market and you see a few good examples but a lot more horrible, generic light images that should not exists.
I guess most virtual stagers don’t use corona or found some workarounds.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Discrepency between Beauty and Light Mix
« Last post by dj_buckley on Yesterday at 18:14:55 »
If it crashes for us opening it, definitely not a waste of time, as we'll be looking to fix that crash too as a bonus extra. TBH sending in a scene always helps, so is never time wasted. And we do appreciate you taking the time to do that!

It's all good. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10