Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: CPU usage drops to ~10%
« Last post by Mirage Studio on Today at 20:21:37 »
Hi Avi,

Thank you for the response.

It seems to happen with more complex scenes only that I've noticed. It also happens different between 3dsmax instances. For example, if one scene drops down to 10% CPU I can run another scene at 100% after. I'll maybe get 1 or 2 interactive render tests before that scene then drops too.

I've noticed it starting at parsing mostly. A scene that should take 10 seconds to parse starts taking 2+ minutes (or more) and that's when I know it won't be rendering fast enough. I had a scene yesterday start ok then when it started the third or fourth pass it would drop.

I don't often use CoronaAO or CoronaRoundedEdges. I prefer chamfered geometry over rounded edges but sometimes I use AO. The last few scenes though have not had either.

Corona benchmark was ok. I ran it several times and stopped/started several times to see if I could trigger anything but it was ok at 95-100% usage. Result attached.

It seems to cause the issue to come up more. It does inevitably start up again. I think scene complexity has something to do with it too. It's all very odd that this just started happening and I've never had issues before. I've had plenty extremely dense scenes with thousands of proxies, displacement, high res textures etc... and having to virtualize memory. Those scenes slow down to start but the CPU was never an issue. You think more ram would help?

Windows is up to date.

No power saving and is set to high performance.

I use default performance settings path tracer/UHD cache except now for turning off caustics solver.
Seems to be working just fine here. As Tom said, try to disabling one mask at a time and see what are they doing.
Looks like some moire effect, since it only shows up where you can see another patterned surface behind the first. You can try hiding every layer except one, see if the grid effect disappears on the remaining layer. If so, then it's simply the visibility of one layer behind the other - in the real world example, the chains are not all in perfect alignment, so this doesn't occur, but in the case of Pattern they are all perfectly aligned and repeating, so that there is a pattern made from seeing one pattern behind another.

You could try adding some displacement to the base geometry, sort of like ripples in the way they hang, which will then randomize things a little, and / or you could try moving things around inside the geometry to be patterned so that it isn't 100% regular.
[Max] General Discussion / Re: Large Animated Proxy file
« Last post by romullus on Today at 19:17:47 »
This might not be as straightforward as one might think. On one hand proxies are designed to help with load/save times, but on the other hand, baking procedural animation to mesh may lead to negative effect - render times might increase due to need constantly read large amount of data. I think you need to do some testing and find which method will work better in your situation. As an alternative, maybe keeping animation procedural and referencing to it via xref would be the best option here?
So long as near and far are black, inside is white, top Distance is set to be distance to only those objects that should be white, bottom Distance is set to be distance to only those objects that should be yellow, I'd expect it to work. You can just work on one layer at a time to make sure it is working as intended, before adding the next layer.

Do note that distance to involves calculations and raycasting, which means there is a fair amount of processing to be done there, compared to a decal - there's even a yellow wheelchair decal in Cosmos, for instance, so that is ready made for you :)  For the solid lines, those can just be decals without any alpha bitmap so no set up needed there, which leaves only the diagonal stripes on the left to have a bitmap made for the alpha for that decal. Wouldn't be hard at all :)
Gallery / Re: An attempt to achieve realism
« Last post by ajafar33 on Today at 18:48:26 »
ARE YOU SURE    ITS AI      MR   
arqrenderz

I USED 3D MAX CORONA PS    ONLY
PERSPECTIVA MATCH
CORONA SHADOW CATCHER MT
Gallery / Re: Santal
« Last post by fletcherjclay on Today at 17:27:14 »
This is super nice in terms of image quality per frame! I was only able to spot some tiny flickering bits, for example on the knitted pillow, that was probably caused by displacement in "screen" rather than "world" mode.
Were the caustics rendered with Corona's caustics solver or was some kind of trick involved? They look very clear and I couldn't see any flickering.

Thanks Marcin, I'm glad you liked it! I might have to do some testing with the displacement as you suggested to remove the flickering on the pillow. The Caustics are all with the Corona Solver, I found the result was much nicer than the normal faking it tricks, so I just had to endure the long render times.
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Multishader multipass masks?
« Last post by bnji on Today at 17:26:34 »
Hello Teo,

No worries; Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Have an amazing day/evening.
Hello @wardy_mk,

Thank you for looking into this.
It is, in fact, an odd thing.
To upload any files, you can use our secure uploader.
The uploader is in my signature.
Once you have uploaded your scene files, please write me a message so I can look up to retrieve your files.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hello there Teo...
Would you be so kind as to share your scene project? (or at least a striped-down version of it)
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Have an amazing day/evening.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10