Author Topic: Santal  (Read 680 times)

2024-05-10, 15:34:58

fletcherjclay

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi All!

I wanted to share our latest project named Santal, located on the coastline of Tarifa - Spain

Hope you guys all in enjoy it!

Software used: Corona Renderer, 3ds Max, Itoo Forest Pack

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/makebelievecgi

2024-05-11, 11:43:52
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is super nice in terms of image quality per frame! I was only able to spot some tiny flickering bits, for example on the knitted pillow, that was probably caused by displacement in "screen" rather than "world" mode.
Were the caustics rendered with Corona's caustics solver or was some kind of trick involved? They look very clear and I couldn't see any flickering.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-05-14, 17:27:14
Reply #2

fletcherjclay

• Users
    • View Profile
This is super nice in terms of image quality per frame! I was only able to spot some tiny flickering bits, for example on the knitted pillow, that was probably caused by displacement in "screen" rather than "world" mode.
Were the caustics rendered with Corona's caustics solver or was some kind of trick involved? They look very clear and I couldn't see any flickering.

Thanks Marcin, I'm glad you liked it! I might have to do some testing with the displacement as you suggested to remove the flickering on the pillow. The Caustics are all with the Corona Solver, I found the result was much nicer than the normal faking it tricks, so I just had to endure the long render times.

2024-05-15, 21:08:31
Reply #3

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, this is very cool.
Great framing, great light and great edits. Love all the details - flying embers… holy shhhh.
The day to night time-lapse looks amazing too (except one “darkish blinky” frame in the middle)

I think your animation has perfect pacing. A lot of archviz animations tend to hold shots a bit too long…
Ok, maybe cut the Porsche magic light show a bit and show us a Gecko hunting instead?
I assume the car is there to give us a little break from architecture, but you know what they say about rich people and their cars… yep, no room for malibus.

Have you been to Tarifa? It feels like the windiest place on earth. Maybe a nod in this direction would have been cool…

Sorry for rambling… I think you guys are great and should do this 3D thing professionally!!!

2024-05-21, 11:15:26
Reply #4

fletcherjclay

• Users
    • View Profile
Wow, this is very cool.
Great framing, great light and great edits. Love all the details - flying embers… holy shhhh.
The day to night time-lapse looks amazing too (except one “darkish blinky” frame in the middle)

I think your animation has perfect pacing. A lot of archviz animations tend to hold shots a bit too long…
Ok, maybe cut the Porsche magic light show a bit and show us a Gecko hunting instead?
I assume the car is there to give us a little break from architecture, but you know what they say about rich people and their cars… yep, no room for malibus.

Have you been to Tarifa? It feels like the windiest place on earth. Maybe a nod in this direction would have been cool…

Sorry for rambling… I think you guys are great and should do this 3D thing professionally!!!

Thanks for the kind words Jojo! I really tried to keep the animation fast pace and with some more dynamic camera movements than the usual slow pans. I'm a car guy so any excuse to focus on a CGI car I'm happy! Never been to Tarifa but would love to go now after finishing this project.

2024-05-23, 22:44:36
Reply #5

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
That's a goal! Beautiful animation and video editing! Thank you for sharing!