Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: License Server HELL
« Last post by Otuama on Today at 20:57:17 »
Never mind - I pulled up my big boy pants and searched Google for what Unified Login did.

So far so good.  And I'm testing every system I do
[Max] I need help! / Re: License Server HELL
« Last post by Otuama on Today at 20:21:08 »
Hi.  Thanks this seems to be working

I'm about to uninstall the LS from my system

Should I also uninstall the Unified Login from mine too?
[Max] I need help! / Re: Glass imperfections / Super Slow Render!
« Last post by TomG on Today at 19:20:27 »
Best bet would be sharing a scene with the material set up that causes the slowdown, and measures of actual speed with and without the extra detailing (it's easy for something to feel "10x slower" and not actually be that once measured... but then maybe it is 10x slower who can say, without side by side comparison :) ).
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Help with refraction please
« Last post by TomG on Today at 19:18:06 »
Most welcome, and happy rendering!
Just lots of stuff needing doing before a daily comes out, big blocks of code that can't be released in stages; and then in combination with the last week or so being full of statutory holidays meaning things move to next week or so. On the plus side, should then mean a lot in that next update, including the first appearance of "export to Vantage" functionality.

Holy cow...
Problem solved
I've had a try to create the situation but can't. This is part of the problem. It tends to happen and it's something that makes no sense so when I'm checking my renders I don't tend to notice. Then I'll get the client saying "why's that logo red?" or something and it's because I pasted it in from another brief and it had the same name "Physical" or whatever.

Next time it happens I'll try to remember to collect the files and send them. Can I put wetransfer links on this forum?
Hello everyone,

I've recently started using Corona for 3ds Max again and I'm encountering an issue. I'm not sure if it's a Max or a Corona bug or it's me. The thing is, when I add the environment from the Corona Sun in the modify tab, it doesn't affect my environment and effects. It appears empty, as you can see in the image.

I have a CoronaSky in the material editor that I drag into the environment, but immediately in the Corona Sun dropdown, the option to add the coronasun environment reappears.

What am I missing? Shouldn't it automatically appear in the environment and effects tab in Max when I add the environment?

The point of all this is that i'm not able to use corona clouds :/

Thanks to all.
[Max] I need help! / Glass imperfections / Super Slow Render!
« Last post by shoebu23 on Today at 17:37:58 »
Hi Forum,

Long time Corona-user here (Version 10, Hotfix1).  My question is if anyone else has been experiencing super-long rendering times when adding bitmap roughness to glass?  Typical case would be a wine bottle-- adding in a tri-planar map for smudges, scratches..etc to the roughness slot.  I am not sure if it's just me, but adding this in has dramatically increased render times (like 10x)... seems like much more than before.  I am at the point that I have to abandon adding in details to shots.

Is there something in that workflow that is causing this very dramatic slow-down?  Thank you!
Hi. I'll see if I have time to do this in a bit. Will send you over a file. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10