Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General CG Discussion / Finest Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
« Last post by ajafar33 on Today at 07:45:43 »
Free connections, confidentiality guaranteed
Verified Ladies
Top-notch Сasual Dating
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Today at 05:59:40 »
So, I changed the material a bit (see screenshot). I was able to finally get the gold color on the label that I was looking for. However, now, I am unsure about how to make the background immediate behind the label appear black instead of just clear. It should look like the image showing the black background but with nice gold graphics and text. Seems like I can only have one or the other (gold graphics and text with a clear background, or black background but no gold text). I am sure there is a way to do this, but I just can't seem to figure out is missing.
Hi,

The noise level is doing the correct thing - it is reporting the average "error" in the render. What if you mistakenly exclude an object which contributes significantly to the noise. How more accurate such noise level calculation is? Of course it is relative to the scene and it is a good practice to do test renders and get an estimate of noise levels that are good enough for the specific scene and shot.

For the shadowcatcher/plane cleaning up faster than the rest - adaptivity takes care of this, and if plane is relatively less noisy, more samples will be dedicated to the rest.
You can as well reduce the adaptivity recalculation to less passes than the default 5 - this will calculate the noise level more frequently, if it helps.

In such cases the pass limit is the better indicator of "cleanliness".
But you can achieve to some degree what you are reffering to by creating render regions - the noise level will be calculated for these parts specifically.

Hope this helps.
[Max] I need help! / Re: I need help with creating material
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Today at 03:33:40 »
Hi,

You are pretty close. The effect you are looking for is most probably achieved by reflection glossiness (the inverse of roughness and vice versa) and a bit of bump.
You can simply download the sample from the link you shared as a texture and create different greyscale maps from it for roughness and bump.
I think the part you are missing is the texture mapping/scale at this point, rather than the material channels.
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Today at 02:03:12 »
You can do all that without decals by combining several materials, or maps and use several mapping channels to control placement of different elements. It might not be as convenient to use as decals, but on the other hand it's much easier to export such asset to different applications.

I was able to figure out a way to do create the area of the glass that had the displacement removed without using decals. However, I still couldn't find a way to add the actual label graphic. So I am still using the decal object for this. However, I now have another issue. I cannot get the label to display correctly. The material color I am using on the decal object (gold) is not showing up on the label. It worked fine with my previous method and as far as I can see I am using the same settings as before. I have attached a screen shot. All the text and graphics in the label should be a gold color as this is what I am using on the decal object. You can see the letter "Y" does have some gold on it, but for some reason all the other letters are black. I am really confused as to why this is happening.

The other issue I am having is if I use a black background for the label, it reflects into the liquid object inside the glass bottle. How do I prevent this from happening?

I have also included an archive of the scene. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Max] Tutorials & Guides / Re: Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - hardcopy book
« Last post by Erich on Yesterday at 23:50:12 »
Is there a new book for Corona 11?
« Last post by Simon11 on Yesterday at 23:09:07 »
Update, I found out that I need to work more on bump map rathen than flat diffuse map. Do you know how to create such bump structure ?
« Last post by Simon11 on Yesterday at 22:29:48 »
I created this viz, maybe you can tell whats wrong with he material
[Max] I need help! / I need help with creating material
« Last post by Simon11 on Yesterday at 22:26:24 »
Hello guys, I dont know how to create this kind of meterial, do you guys saw this type of material on some site or know how to create such structure. I completely dont know how to make roughness and bump map.
https://www.maxfliz.pl/produkt/plytka-ceramiczna-60x120-miin612ly07,15574
[Max] I need help! / Re: Black rectangles in saved images
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 22:01:17 »
We didn't make it for last week, as the QA process uncovered an issue, but the new HF is now out as of today. https://corona-renderer.com/download
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10