Author Topic: New VFB Skin and functionality  (Read 15662 times)

2024-08-04, 10:56:56
Reply #60

Quest

• Users
    • View Profile
now, apart from the noise of the fans, it is difficult to understand whether the interactive is running. (Play/stop indicators are made in b&w gamma, which does not have a very good effect on readability)

Psssst...

throw this into any scripts\startup directory (or execute manually). If you want to play around, type "ccri.help()" in the maxscript listener ;)

Good Luck

Hello, is there possible back smile from legacy?

2024-08-05, 00:03:03
Reply #61

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I still ask once again to make a separate button for IR, the fact that in the drop-down list this option is the second, and the first item duplicates the neighboring button makes my designer background nervous every time I see this :D I do not believe that we must wait for the release of version 13 to fix this, thanks!

2024-08-05, 07:55:59
Reply #62

Quest

• Users
    • View Profile
I still ask once again to make a separate button for IR, the fact that in the drop-down list this option is the second, and the first item duplicates the neighboring button makes my designer background nervous every time I see this :D I do not believe that we must wait for the release of version 13 to fix this, thanks!

Totally agree!

2024-08-05, 09:19:48
Reply #63

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hello, is there possible back smile from legacy?

Not by using this script, sorry.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2024-08-06, 15:46:09
Reply #64

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1 for this. I imagine the vast majority of time people spend in the VFB is using IR to check renders and work on shaders. Having the button as a drop down is a small annoying thing that could be rectified easily. I dont know how many times ive accidentally hit render on a heavy scene and have to then wait for the render dialog to stop and close before i can keep working.

2024-08-06, 16:12:38
Reply #65

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

2024-08-26, 14:58:22
Reply #66

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just noticed that under tonemapping, if one uses the blue triangle on the right to expand or hide an operator, it affects (shows/hides) all the operators of the same kind. Very confusing if one for example has several LUTs or curves and it opens all of them.

I'm about to downgrade to 11 now. I don't want to run into the performance issues I've read and hear about (not just here, it's going around) and I want to get back to the old VFB UI.

If I was to spend time doing some mock-up and constructive feedback on the UI of the VFB, would it be considered and taken seriously or would it fall into a black hole? Thinking of how many of the seemlingly simple suggestions for improvement of the VFB was not implemented. Like a separate IR-button, or the possibility to change the background color or add an image overlay. I fear my time would be better spent on other things in my life.

Wait, on the new support portal there's no option to select "possible bug" eeeh, why? And which one should we use for bugs.
« Last Edit: 2024-08-26, 15:07:09 by zaar »

2024-08-26, 15:42:12
Reply #67

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm about to downgrade to 11 now. I don't want to run into the performance issues I've read and hear about (not just here, it's going around) and I want to get back to the old VFB UI.

You can switch to and use old VFB in Corona 12 as well.

Wait, on the new support portal there's no option to select "possible bug" eeeh, why? And which one should we use for bugs.

I believe the bugs are still to be reported the old way - either here in the forum, or by opening a support ticket in the Chaos help portal.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-08-26, 16:14:23
Reply #68

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, bugs are still to be reported primarily by ticket https://support.chaos.com/requests/new or here on the forum. Ideas Portal is just for suggestions and feature requests.

On "thinking of how many of the seemlingly simple suggestions for improvement of the VFB was not implemented. " this is not because they never will be implemented, just haven't been implemented yet. No decision has been taken on what will happen with those ideas in the future, but they are not rejected. Most of this release of the VFB was focused on the rewrite to QT, with less focus on actual features, for instance. So submitting a request is never a waste of time, and never falls into a black hole. They may stay in Pending for some time, which can be up to years, but that means every release we do revisit whether it can be included this time around. No suggestion is ever forgotten, and few are ever Declined!

One hazard of spending time doing a full mock-up is that it makes a lot of separate changes into one overall thing, which makes it hard to process ("we agree that button x being there is a good idea, but button y should stay there, and that should be radio buttons and not a drop down in the mock up, but that rearrangement of the tone map is good..." - basically it makes it impossible to approve or to say what is being worked on. So it would likely be quicker and more effective to submit a series of separate requests focused on one specific thing.

Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-08-29, 16:17:00
Reply #69

ramyhanna

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • tiltpixel.com
Just installed v12.  First thing I noticed was that the "arrow button" drop down for the save and render options, is simply too small when we're working quickly.  I would suggest to include the old functionality of holding click on the save and render buttons to show the drop downs, as well as the arrow buttons, or make the arrow buttons larger.

2024-08-29, 21:56:52
Reply #70

ramyhanna

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • tiltpixel.com
Is it me or the UI in Corona 12 is using a bit more pixel space? Everything seems a bit more spread out especially the top part of the window. Just feels like a lot of wasted screen real estate and those buttons on the top row don't need to be so big (It looks like the UI you would use for basic software like enscape/twinmotion or something...)

-I agree with this.  Pixel realestate is very important when rendering.  With so much space, you don't need a dropdown, as they could all fit in the toolbar above.  The old VFB compared to the new VFB (see attached image), has a smaller rendering for the same screen size.  If we can at least keep the same image size, that would be a win.

-To add to that, the tools sidebar is much wider than in v11. Making IR renderings smaller with the same window size.  If there is a way to dynamically change the size of this bar, similar to 3dsmax Command Panel, that would be ideal. 

-For the Stats tab, I also agree that having the text center-justified is odd, and makes for harder reading.

-During IR, some animated indicator that the machine is still rendering would be good.  It doesn't have to be a :) icon, but even if it's the corona logo spinning, that would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: 2024-08-31, 00:12:02 by ramyhanna »

2024-09-02, 10:29:00
Reply #71

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.
a little tip:
when I switch to BEATY, the last used lightmix remains active.
Could you make it clear that it is inactive for example with a gray color?

thank you