Author Topic: Distributed render pixel shifting  (Read 4306 times)

2020-09-02, 09:06:49

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I have a DR issue. When we rendering we have shifted pixels. Please see attached.
We tested different cameras, we tried with camera tilt-shift and with a one-point perspective. It is very random from scenes to scenes. 20% of the projects is ok but 80% always troubles with it. I have two 2990WX, two 1950X and 4 Xeon E5 2686 V3.
Did anybody had this issue?

2020-09-02, 09:33:31
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

My first suggestion would be to unlock and re-lock the view to render. Sometimes doing this can resolve some strange issues.

Would you also be able to send the scene over to us for testing as so far we were not able to reproduce this issue here.

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-09-02, 09:51:44
Reply #2

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We've just tested it but it doesn't help
I will upload a file for you in a 10 min

2020-09-02, 10:41:14
Reply #3

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uploaded it

Hi,

My first suggestion would be to unlock and re-lock the view to render. Sometimes doing this can resolve some strange issues.

Would you also be able to send the scene over to us for testing as so far we were not able to reproduce this issue here.

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

2020-09-02, 11:38:11
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I don't see it in our uploader. Would you be able to upload it again? Maybe it would be worth using our dropbox uploader instead.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-09-02, 11:59:23
Reply #5

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Done!
Hi,

I don't see it in our uploader. Would you be able to upload it again? Maybe it would be worth using our dropbox uploader instead.

Thanks,

Rowan

2020-09-02, 14:31:30
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So I have tried your scene here on my systems: 1x 2950x, 1x 2099wx and 1 Dual Xeon - E5 2650 v3.

So far I was not able to reproduce this issue.

Could I ask you to ensure that you are using the same version of Corona and 3ds max across all machines, and all 3rd party plugins which are used are the same across all machines.

btw, which version of 3ds max are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-09-02, 14:55:07
Reply #7

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So sad to hear that.
We have same 3ds max 2021, Corona 6, Forest pack and even same Windows version
We sent you file without xrefs, but I not sure is it matters.
What else we can try?

Hi,

So I have tried your scene here on my systems: 1x 2950x, 1x 2099wx and 1 Dual Xeon - E5 2650 v3.

So far I was not able to reproduce this issue.

Could I ask you to ensure that you are using the same version of Corona and 3ds max across all machines, and all 3rd party plugins which are used are the same across all machines.

btw, which version of 3ds max are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan

2020-09-02, 15:07:28
Reply #8

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I guess the next thing to try would be to narrow down which machine is sending through the incorrect image, and we can try to find out what is different about this machine.

You can do this in two ways. 1) You can tick "[DEBUG] retain exrs" in the DR rollout and compare to see which image is incorrect, or 2) Render with 1 specific DR slave at a time and see which one causes the issue.

Let me know how you get on :)

Send me your scene!

2020-09-02, 20:02:55
Reply #9

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I uploaded full scene on the Dropbox. Could you please check it out? Please make sure you have all maps and xref
We tested empty scene(the one which we sent you) on our end and there is no shifting. But full file with maps and xref has same issue.
Hi,

I guess the next thing to try would be to narrow down which machine is sending through the incorrect image, and we can try to find out what is different about this machine.

You can do this in two ways. 1) You can tick "[DEBUG] retain exrs" in the DR rollout and compare to see which image is incorrect, or 2) Render with 1 specific DR slave at a time and see which one causes the issue.

2020-09-03, 07:30:41
Reply #10

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

I have had this issue previously.

I **think** it has to do with the camera and correction of vertical tilt. If I remember correctly, if the camera has tilt correction applied AND is hidden when the render takes place, the slave machine get's a bit confused.

My suggestion for a potential fix would be to simply ensure you make the camera visible rendering. Worth a try at least... Good luck!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-09-03, 08:14:59
Reply #11

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply!

We do not have a vertical or horizontal shift in this file.
Could you please clarify what is mean "to make the camera visible rendering"?
I want to try it

Hi,

I **think** it has to do with the camera and correction of vertical tilt. If I remember correctly, if the camera has tilt correction applied AND is hidden when the render takes place, the slave machine get's a bit confused.

My suggestion for a potential fix would be to simply ensure you make the camera visible rendering. Worth a try at least... Good luck!

2020-09-03, 08:22:54
Reply #12

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What we figured out is that the DR debug pass doest showing shifting but the beauty pass does?!?!?!? How it is possible????
Hi,

2020-09-03, 08:56:32
Reply #13

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Thank you for your reply!

We do not have a vertical or horizontal shift in this file.
Could you please clarify what is mean "to make the camera visible rendering"?
I want to try it

Hi,

Hi "to make the camera visible rendering" I simply mean that you should ensure the camera is not hidden, or on a hidden layer.

But seeing as this doesn't seem to match my previous prediction of your problem (ie; vertical camera correction) I would ignore my advice ;)

Good luck mate
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-09-03, 09:32:58
Reply #14

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What we figured out is that the DR debug pass doest showing shifting but the beauty pass does?!?!?!? How it is possible????
Hi,

Hi,

So I still can't reproduce this, even with your latest scene. Could you try the steps I suggestes above to narrow down which machine is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!