Author Topic: Distributed render pixel shifting  (Read 4305 times)

2020-09-03, 13:27:16
Reply #15

zigert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know what the issue is but we found that it works well without Xref. When you turn off or merge Xref to the master scene there is no shifting. It makes no sense!?!?!
We triple-tested it.

What we figured out is that the DR debug pass doest showing shifting but the beauty pass does?!?!?!? How it is possible????
Hi,

I guess the next thing to try would be to narrow down which machine is sending through the incorrect image, and we can try to find out what is different about this machine.

You can do this in two ways. 1) You can tick "[DEBUG] retain exrs" in the DR rollout and compare to see which image is incorrect, or 2) Render with 1 specific DR slave at a time and see which one causes the issue.

Let me know how you get on :)
Hi,

So I still can't reproduce this, even with your latest scene. Could you try the steps I suggestes above to narrow down which machine is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Rowan

2020-09-03, 16:05:31
Reply #16

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
So something in the xref is causing the scene to be shifted on one of the machines.

We definately need to work out which machine it is getting shifted on, my bet is that there is something different about this machine, units, plugins or something like this.

Could you try my steps and see which of the machines is giving the different output?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!