Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Thanks! My bad. Jumping too much between standard lights and Corona lights and head gets mixed up
Oh wow, now I feel stupid :D   ....Guess sometimes one is blind for what is right there in front of your nose.
Hi thank you! yeah that works for me :)
3ds max is not icc compatible and Corona has no support for icc profiles in vfb.
options are: lut in vfb or conversion in photoshop.

[C4D] I need help! / Re: Camera Was Removed???
« Last post by mlon on 2024-05-25, 20:32:27 »
Same issue with the latest v11 hotfix 2 version.

Camera was removed, control for tone etc. won't be syncronized.
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Corona Shadow Catcher for interior
« Last post by jojorender on 2024-05-25, 16:30:59 »
Thanks for your test.
I thought the whole point is, that the shadows created by C-sun and or C-sky are not realistic when you build the room, leave an opening for light to enter and apply SC mat to wall floor and ceiling. See attachment. That shadow never changes regardless of what you use.

Just like your first post said, even when you make an “outer shell” with regular material that should just block the sun and/or sky light, it’s ignored and the shadow catcher receives full sun light.

My question is exactly for these “edge cases”, how to correctly light a scene where part of the furniture is in direct sun light and part in diffused bouncy light.
Did you ever get a better answer from the corona team?
[C4D] General Discussion / Should I use Team Render... or not?
« Last post by johnnyswedish on 2024-05-25, 10:47:07 »
HI Forum,

I got a new custom workstation last week (AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16core, 96GB RAM, RTX 4080Super). I had a AERO17 laptop (Intel Core 9 10th gen, 64GB Ram, RTX 2080Super). The render time difference is insane! 40min v 2.2mins... so not complaining btw. I have my AERO17 connected to my highspeed local and wonder if there is any point using it as a render node? Do any one out there do this? Is it possible to get better render speeds? Tried a test scene and takes 6mins so guessing not or is there a issue I can fix?

Thanks and have a good weekend :-)
[Max] I need help! / Re: Flicking Lighting
« Last post by Otuama on 2024-05-24, 23:06:08 »
I'm at a point now where I'm just testing based on the info I've read.

This is creating a cache from scratch (discard)

I can tell it's still going to happen after only 2 frames.

Next I'll try path tracing for secondary solver
[Max] I need help! / Re: Flicking Lighting
« Last post by Otuama on 2024-05-24, 22:00:59 »
Hi,

I've just realised I posted the exact same issue 12 days ago ( https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=42676.0) .  These last couple of weeks have been a blur due to the workload I have on :( .

Based on the replies in the above topic.

You have to precalculate uhd cache for animations. Here's a link with more info: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528617365649-How-to-use-the-UHD-Cache-for-animations-and-stills-in-Corona-for-3ds-Max

If you don't want to play around with that. Then just switch to path tracing, slower but less problems.

We've probably rendered hundreds of animations so know the process but there are those few jobs (this being one of them) that cause a headache.

I've never used path tracing as a secondary solver.  We've always used UHD.  The results may be better with secondary being at path tracing, but based on the example in that link I can't justify double the render times.

For all animations we use UHD with 'try to load and append' & 'load file'

The increment we use depends on what we're rendering. 

For the animation above I'm using Nth = 10 - We generally use 20-25.

For animated cars/people I use between 10 & 20.

We always use denoising for animations (set to Corona High Quality (0.6 - 0.7)).  We also use a denoiser in After Effects because we render animations to 6% - 8% (depending on the job).

All of our jobs seem to suffer at the final stage because we work with large developments, lots of vegetation, long animations etc etc so we need to keep our render times down as much as possible.  We also have multiple jobs on at the same time with crazy deadlines.

Reading that page it looks like denoising isn't recommended for animations.  On the flip side to this, if we turn denoising off we'll need to have our percentage turned right down and that brings us back to longer render times we can't afford.

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528617365649-How-to-use-the-UHD-Cache-for-animations-and-stills-in-Corona-for-3ds-Max

Something we've never done is calculate from scratch for every frame.

As mentioned above we render every 10-25, even if we don't technically need to - this comes from years ago where Vray was less forgiving and we had issues.

As we use network rendering (14 systems), would it be advisable to do one or the other of these:

• Calculate from scratch (discard) on each system
  • Calculate from scratch (save/try to load and append/load) for every Nth 1 or Nth 2 frame

The second one means that all systems will use the same UHD cache which has a lot more info that we normally create.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10