Author Topic: Render an image inside the model (Wine Label)  (Read 6364 times)

2015-10-20, 16:05:47

Exe Stocco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys, im working whit bottles of wine, and i need to render the label, like this image.
Any idea wich material i can use, i think i need the .ai file to make some maps for bumps and refl/refract.
(Sorry about my poor english)

2015-10-20, 16:32:53
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just use Corona Material, and separate maps for diffuse and bump. If you want it more realistic, buy a bottle of wine for educational purposes (!) and see how the label is made - probably a little reflectivity and maybe a falloff map for diffuse would be nice. The rest is fun with interactive view. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-10-22, 17:44:29
Reply #2

Exe Stocco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just use Corona Material, and separate maps for diffuse and bump. If you want it more realistic, buy a bottle of wine for educational purposes (!) and see how the label is made - probably a little reflectivity and maybe a falloff map for diffuse would be nice. The rest is fun with interactive view. :)

Thanks Maru, i have a question: in this label i have diferent materiales, some letters are more reflective than others. there is a  bump and of course the main texture of the paper, how can i apply diferent materials to the same plane, Multi/Sub? If i use multi sub i need to set id with  diferentes numbers for the same plane.
Im lost! :(

2015-10-22, 18:12:02
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You can use single material and prepare your texture in photoshop. Using layers inside PS you can separate your elements when you use them for all aspects of material, the diffuse, glossiness (shiny parts like lettering will be white, paper will be almost black), and bump for embossing (white for lifted parts) and structure.

Here is quick example I did in 1 minute in Photoshop. The first is diffuse, the second in glossiness (can be used alternatively in both specular and glossiness), and last bump map.
Or you can use the second map as bump also, if you only want the 'Rizling' embossed.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-22, 18:20:25 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-22, 22:21:08
Reply #4

Exe Stocco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can use single material and prepare your texture in photoshop. Using layers inside PS you can separate your elements when you use them for all aspects of material, the diffuse, glossiness (shiny parts like lettering will be white, paper will be almost black), and bump for embossing (white for lifted parts) and structure.

Here is quick example I did in 1 minute in Photoshop. The first is diffuse, the second in glossiness (can be used alternatively in both specular and glossiness), and last bump map.
Or you can use the second map as bump also, if you only want the 'Rizling' embossed.

Thanks! Juraj!, thanks you very much!

2015-10-23, 10:54:19
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Or you can create separate materials (different one for the paper, different for metallic letters, and whatever else you need) and nest them inside a CoronaLayere mtl using masks, but this would require daily builds. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-10-23, 14:39:35
Reply #6

Exe Stocco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Or you can create separate materials (different one for the paper, different for metallic letters, and whatever else you need) and nest them inside a CoronaLayere mtl using masks, but this would require daily builds. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015
Thanks Maru!, i have the free version :(

2015-10-23, 14:56:13
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Don't worry, you can do that with max's native blend material either. The only downside that you may need to nest few blends together.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures