Author Topic: 3Dsmax populate animation  (Read 5464 times)

2015-10-12, 13:20:47

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone succesfully renderd animation with people from  3dsmax populate on distributed rendering after assigning corona material? I get flickering, where my machines change back to unsupported arch&design material every 2 frames. Also my main computer renders some frames with unsupported. I don't have any clue why...

2015-10-13, 01:37:22
Reply #1

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have had the same issues, with little to no success. All the populate textures are generated and saved to a shared folder where all machines can see them.

Sometimes they render fine, sometimes they render as if the red "unsupported material" is overlayed the textures and sometimes they render with no textures at all.

in the end I dont use populate people for production when rendering with corona. I render them separately with Vray an comp them in

2015-10-13, 09:56:26
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Moving to bugs as this should probably be fixed.

If you use the converter script ( https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000549705 ) - the materials are still displayed as unsupported on the nodes? This is strange as it should convert all scene materials.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-10-13, 10:03:18
Reply #3

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
You have to convert the "people" to mesh and reassign the textures. It works for me.

2015-10-13, 10:41:45
Reply #4

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeap exactly - use the bake feature in populate. Then it renders fine

2015-10-13, 10:48:21
Reply #5

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another possibility is to switch default UI, so standard materials are assigned instead of mr materials (since Corona renders standard materials). Here's what the help files says:

"To switch from using Arch & Design materials to Standard as components of the Multi/Sub-Object material, open the Custom UI and Defaults Switcher and under Initial Settings For Tool Options, choose a default that uses the scanline renderer, such as Max, restart, then re-simulate."

2015-10-13, 13:50:54
Reply #6

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
will try backing them. Most of the time I am using the animation just to get proper motion blur