Author Topic: Populate People material conversion  (Read 4102 times)

2015-07-09, 04:01:23

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What would be the best/most efficient method to convert the Populate People materials to be compatible with Corona?

I use 100's of people so converting them one by one isn't the most efficient way

2015-07-09, 07:11:22
Reply #1

vansan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
If you don't use animation in your project you can snapshot all your people, move all textures from temp folder and use Relink bitmaps.
After that use Corona Material/Lights converter.

2015-07-10, 06:44:25
Reply #2

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks, I am using the people as animation to get proper motion blur

I dont understand how moving from the temp file to another location will help.

I am already using the converter, am I correct in thinking that the converter doesn't convert arch&Design shaders?

2015-07-10, 07:05:28
Reply #3

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It does convert the Arch and design shaders.
I find with Populate that it uses Standard 3dsmax shader and the material converts that fine too.

cheers

2015-07-10, 07:11:38
Reply #4

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have just tried again with the latest build of the converter.

The First time it converted the shaders but said it didn't recognize the .jpg as a supported format. This was inside coronaBitmap. I deleted the people, re-simulated them and re-ran the converter, this time without using coronaBitmap and it worked properly.

2015-07-13, 06:16:28
Reply #5

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very confused sometimes it renders fine, sometime not. The materials are converted and there are no other incompatible shaders in the scene.
On some of the people the are totally red with the Incompatible watermark, and others look like the red and watermark are overlayed.

2015-07-13, 06:38:05
Reply #6

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm not sure whats going on, but what I have found is every time I redo the sim you have to re convert the materials.
I'm wondering if its possible to have the materials by default load as corona ??
I will ask Ondra.

cheers

2015-07-14, 01:45:31
Reply #7

hoppergrass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have deleted, resimed and converted several times. I loaded the scene into Max2016 ( it was originally a 2015 model) and it worked fine. I am suspecting its a max issue.