Author Topic: ApphangB1 on dense scene + reflection trough scatter problems  (Read 1853 times)

2015-06-12, 18:08:24

efflam

• Active Users
  • Lighting, bitch !
    • View Profile
    • Concept Design work
Hey there ! I just bought 1 month of corona and having lots of fun.
here's the image I'm having problem with :

Problem n°1 :
scene does not start rendering (interactive and render modes) , it stays black, says "not responding" and is basically frozen, CPU is at 5% and memory is about 10 gigs used by max, so still 6GB of overhead, but sometimes the render just starts fine, in a way that I can't make sense of, I mean I open the scene the exact same way and get different results it's pretty strange.

Problem n°2:
Firefly noise on leaves
(I'd like to fix this problem without biasing  the render eg:clamping, disabling sun reflections, etc.)
Fireflies are present in the direct, reflection and some minor ones in translucency pass, they are coming mostly from the CoronaSun  and some from the fire light in the middle.
glossiness is at 0.6, fresnel 1.33, level 1, 0.14 translucency
I'm wondering if letting the render run for hours can resolve theses glossy leaves correctly?

Problem n°2 isn't such a big deal since I can also tone down the fireflies in photoshop, but the crashes are really blocking me from working properly on the scene.
Hope you guys can help me ! :)

2015-06-12, 18:31:42
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ad. 2. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000529356

There is also a bug when there are reflective materials inside volumetric fog. It is already reported on mantis. I don't remember which material was causing this, but if you are making fog using corona volume, use corona mtl, and vice versa. Here is a guide on sss:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000534910
(the bug is not mentioned there but you might take a look if you don't know how to create the same material using both corona mtl and volume mtl)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-13, 11:52:39
Reply #2

efflam

• Active Users
  • Lighting, bitch !
    • View Profile
    • Concept Design work
thanks! it helped quite a bit on the leaves, the sparkles are still present but it'snow correctly reflecting trough the fog, giving it a cool blue tint.