Author Topic: Render Error while not using Corona  (Read 2322 times)

2013-04-13, 19:50:26

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

Hi KeyMaster. I don´t know if it´s a bug, but strangelly i have machines on the farm returning Corona Errors but while rendering projects without using Corona (Mentalray projects submited from machines without corona installed). I have Corona on some Renderfarm machines and some of those machines didn´t support Corona Full Speed. Those machines are reporting Corona errors, but the project in question has no corona materials.

Maybe those unsupported machines are calling corona dlls even when not rendering Corona projects and returning errors reading the DLLs at max startup causing the render to crach and return errors ? Cause they can´t support full speed Corona version?
     Deadline Manager is marking down those machines as FAILED NODES and stop the rendering completely.

I dont know if i am explaining in a Clear way... :)

I will try to install corona legacy on those machines and check if the errors stop or not.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-04-13, 19:52:48
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Since there are some SSE instruction used in the initialization, you cannot start 3dsmax with unsupported fullspeed corona plugin it in. You have to use legacy versions where appropriate, even when not rendering with Corona.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-14, 01:58:57
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Hmm. Thanks KeyMaster, so it isn´t a bug. :) You can delete this topic if you want. :) Or move to solved. :)
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor