Author Topic: Bump (bitmap filtering) + glossiness = problem :P  (Read 17944 times)

2013-05-03, 17:24:05
Reply #30

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
this bug still not solved in recent fullspeed build ?

2013-05-03, 18:51:18
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I dont know, I'll have to test
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-05-22, 18:51:34
Reply #32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I went over the scene. The problems are:
- You use way too much bump
- your bump map is practically a 1D texture, with only horizontal lines. Such texture will turn your material reflections to anisotropic ones. The hard line you see on the floor is actually an anisotropic reflection of the teapot base. This is further highlighted by the fact that corona requires all reflection rays to be above the surface - so there are many rays at the grazing angle, resulting in the sharp reflection of the geometry part which is barely touching the floor. You need to use a bump map with some variation also in the other axis, the problem then disappears
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-12, 21:24:53
Reply #33

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
With little bump value it is just become less visible but not disappear. Even with using square parametric tiles.

2013-06-12, 22:05:44
Reply #34

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
can you post the square parametric tiles scene?

2013-06-12, 22:13:30
Reply #35

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
in attachment.
but i think it is not 'major' status problem

and some pictures for example. It's not reference but maybe so will be better to understand what i mean

looks like works some cutoff in the shadow of teapot and shadows didn't affect on light reflections at the edges of tiles

2013-08-14, 10:45:38
Reply #36

Volden

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My blog
For such cases I`m using displacement

And did someone tried to use normal maps instead of bump?

2013-08-14, 16:04:11
Reply #37

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
normal mapping should give you the same problems as bump mapping, because it is also fake. Only displacement is correct