Author Topic: rendering resets/restarts infinitely BUG  (Read 2550 times)

2015-02-27, 17:24:30

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
Hi there!

We encountered a very bad bug in the new 1.0 version. We upgraded today and now when i start and stop a rendering of an old scene (we have to finish next week as it is) it infinitely restarts the render process and max nearly hangs! What can i do or try?

EDIT: By the way. Max 2015 with subscription, so the latest upgrade is installed.

Cheers,

Christoph.

2015-02-27, 17:49:56
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
is it possible you have the animation sequence, batch rendering, or multipass camera effect turned on by accident?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-02-27, 18:02:01
Reply #2

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
Right before you posted that i found out that there was a DOF active on the camera i played around with... Well so your suspicion turns out to be quite right, is there a problem with that? in fact i don´t use it anyway, we were just toying around in the interior shots with some trickery.

Thanks for the fast reply, we will be happy customers starting from next week, as soon as we find the time to visit the online shop. ;)

cheers,

Chris.

2015-02-27, 18:24:23
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Right before you posted that i found out that there was a DOF active on the camera i played around with... Well so your suspicion turns out to be quite right, is there a problem with that? in fact i don´t use it anyway, we were just toying around in the interior shots with some trickery.

multipass DOF is an outdated feature from 20 years ago, that wasnt still removed because... well you know why. Corona does not support it, but when you turn it on, it will cause 3ds Max to render each frame multiple times. It is not really a bug in Corona (and does not happen only in 1.0) and it seems we cannot do anything about it :/.

So is this the cause of the problem?

Thanks for the fast reply, we will be happy customers starting from next week, as soon as we find the time to visit the online shop. ;)

Great! We can seriously use some coffee money these days ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-02-28, 09:17:31
Reply #4

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture

multipass DOF is an outdated feature from 20 years ago, that wasnt still removed because... well you know why. Corona does not support it, but when you turn it on, it will cause 3ds Max to render each frame multiple times. It is not really a bug in Corona (and does not happen only in 1.0) and it seems we cannot do anything about it :/.

So is this the cause of the problem?

Great! We can seriously use some coffee money these days ;)

Well, you deserve it, and we will support that! :)