Author Topic: Is the blend material still broken?  (Read 3292 times)

2015-02-12, 02:27:06

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i'm trying to make a blend glass, using an alpha as a mask.

It  doesn't seem to work right with dielectric materials. I am trying to replicate a simple vrayblend with a alpha mask, and even if it works with solid color, it doesn't work with dielectrics. 

So is there a known bug, or am i doing something wrong ?  Build time is 2015-02-11

Thank you.

2015-02-12, 15:03:42
Reply #1

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sometimes alphas get messed up. Try to plug those using CoronaOutput map
Shooting in the dark. Could you show us the material so we can help you better?
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-02-12, 16:24:10
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Blend / Multi material + refracting materials is still broken in Corona, no matter if there's alphas involved or not.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-02-12, 16:34:36
Reply #3

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your replys.

In deed, as u can see, it works as expected with diffuse. But with dielectrics, it doesn't.

It's incredible for me. I've bee in a quest of almost 7 years in trying to get photo realistic glass with perspiration, and still no luck. I tryed, maxwell, octane, and corona. neither of them can render correctly water over glass. Why is that ?!?

2015-02-12, 19:40:14
Reply #4

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you trying to realisticaly simulate perspiration over glass using displacement and a mask?... i dont think it will work that way cause you will loose the "interfaces" water/glass/air
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-02-12, 20:39:11
Reply #5

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
I tried many scenarios using modeled geometry, but the pattern that makes up the thin layer of "frozen water" it's impossible to replicate with geometry for me. Also using real droplets doesn't seem to render correctly either. As u can see here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6597.0.html , the geometry droplets look... fake. But it might be my modelling

This bump map and blend material with alpha solution works perfect in vray.  http://viscorbel.com/condensation-shader-vray/

Can i get any of the masters give me some hope about blend material in the near future?