Author Topic: [Scatter] Some issues with previous scatter versions  (Read 2380 times)

2015-01-30, 09:56:44

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I am testing the scatter system and I found out that if I use a scatter created by Alpha 7.2, nothing will appear on the render. You can see the objects in the viewport being scattered on top of the surface, but when you press render nothing appears.

Also the settings used in a previous corona scatter are used when you create a new scatter. So, if I changed the Scatter count to 10k, when I create a new scatter, this had already 10k as a Scatter count.

Plus there is that issue that if you change the map used for the Density using the compact material editor, 3ds max will simply freeze.

I am using:
3ds max design 2015
Build timestamp: Jan 29 2015 23:52:46

2015-02-01, 15:23:28
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it works here so, you can already guess.... scene? :D

The "new created objects will have same parameters as old ones is a 3dsmax feature - try it with boxes for example, behaves the same.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-02-01, 22:09:30
Reply #2

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
it works here so, you can already guess.... scene? :D

The "new created objects will have same parameters as old ones is a 3dsmax feature - try it with boxes for example, behaves the same.

:) No worries. I will upload the scene tomorrow.

2015-02-03, 12:41:52
Reply #3

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Here you have the scene with the "bug".

2015-02-13, 20:33:46
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The freezing was already fixed in another bug report, scatter not rendering was caused by the only distributed object having selected zero frequency. After setting its frequency to non-zero value it works as expected
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)