Author Topic: My Random Corona Fun Tests...  (Read 3026 times)

2015-01-14, 20:16:41

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the spirit of throwing out things that are made just for 'kicking the Corona tires'... here's some things I've played with. None of this in any way reflects any finished work, just fun stuff as I feel out what Corona can do. I've enjoyed looking at other people's experiments, so maybe some people will enjoy mine.

1)  Trying my hand at the SSS shader and tons of DOF. Fun and creepy! The model is the 'Faith' model from the 'Mirror's Edge' game which you can find out there.

2) This conglomeration of crap was put together while kicking around the interactive renderer, then letting it run completely unbiased for a chunk of time. I had some thoughts on the IR, which I dropped into the scene as an object.  8-)
Napoleon came from here... http://lincoln3dscans.co.uk/

3) Shader development under the same lighting conditions. I like to switch out lighting conditions to make sure everyone is behaving. Works nicely.

4) Here's an experiment with a fake 'ring flash' attached to the camera. I didn't let this one run as long and resolve, but it's kind of fun. There's a quick liquid sim in there to add interest. If I let it run longer and could think of a good pretentious 'artist's statement' for this mess, I could start selling prints.   ;-)

So, those are some of fun experiments I've done as I play around with Corona. I love it and really enjoy just playing with it. Which is saying something for a renderer.

« Last Edit: 2015-01-14, 20:29:26 by aTanguay »

2015-01-14, 21:18:00
Reply #1

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fucking amazin indeed!.
I just got hands on daylies today... and duuuuude.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-14, 22:23:12
Reply #2

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Exactly

"Dude. No, seriously...Duuuude!"   8-)

I'm glad you're in the daily builds.

2015-04-16, 23:51:01
Reply #3

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
More random experimenting.

I love to just add things to a scene and let Corona chew on them. Like a little sandbox of stuff.