Author Topic: House project (crits needed)  (Read 3886 times)

2014-09-29, 05:41:35

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey all, this is a project I have been working on for a while. let me know what you think, or what I can improve on.

2014-09-29, 12:27:50
Reply #1

lextorlex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Asphalt is looking more like an ocean from the bird's eye panorama, rather than asphalt.

2014-10-01, 09:25:16
Reply #2

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Isn´t it an ocean? Just joking, but these days I asked myself if just better textures would help while rendering exteriors in corona.
The interiors are 80% brilliant, and the style is not seldom just beautiful. But what is with these exteriors? Does anybody have samples of good corona exteriors? Is ist possible? The only example for a really well done exterior was the Icelandic coastal house from Juraj. But if I compare it to his amazing townhouse extension I have to realize, that the image is not that crisp as the townhouse images. ( The townhouse is made with Vray, I think)

I know there have been discussions about that topic, but this picture demonstrates me quite well, that very often corona exteriors appear a little bit palish and ailing.   

I love interiors with corona and the engine made me doing interiors much faster then in Vray and they have done so many things right and more intuitiv , but am I wrong with my assumption concerning exteriors ? ( I hope so !)

2014-10-01, 11:25:17
Reply #3

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Isn´t it an ocean? Just joking, but these days I asked myself if just better textures would help while rendering exteriors in corona.
The interiors are 80% brilliant, and the style is not seldom just beautiful. But what is with these exteriors? Does anybody have samples of good corona exteriors? Is ist possible? The only example for a really well done exterior was the Icelandic coastal house from Juraj. But if I compare it to his amazing townhouse extension I have to realize, that the image is not that crisp as the townhouse images. ( The townhouse is made with Vray, I think)

I know there have been discussions about that topic, but this picture demonstrates me quite well, that very often corona exteriors appear a little bit palish and ailing.   

I love interiors with corona and the engine made me doing interiors much faster then in Vray and they have done so many things right and more intuitiv , but am I wrong with my assumption concerning exteriors ? ( I hope so !)
Yes i agree with you Fritzlachatte..............some thing is missing..... my eye can point it however my brain couldnot

2014-10-01, 19:06:00
Reply #4

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is true that textures can make a big difference, but I think my case is that my post processing isn't all that great yet. I still strive to get as nice of an image in max. I know programs like magic bullet for Photoshop and using nice depth of field can make wonders to exteriors, but then again most clients are not to fond of that.

2014-10-01, 19:41:02
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This picture looks pretty realistic if it was a photo taken on a cloudy day. There is no contrast in the daylight, no defined sun angle, no visible shadows. I think adding some contrast to the daylight (for example using a good HDRI or a nicely set up CoronaSky+Sun) would at least make the picture more interesting. Another thing that caught my eye is the strong burns around spotlights - I think they could be weaker and have different colour. I would also suggest adding some detail inside the house, like paintings, furniture, etc.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-10-01, 20:08:21
Reply #6

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good points. the scene and HDRi are to give a early evening twilight view so I would assume there would not be a lot of contrast with shadows ect. This is the HDRI I used http://www.aversis.be/hdri/hdri-individual-10000/hdri-360-031.htm

Perhaps I need to play more with the HDRi to get the right contrast.