Author Topic: Reflections override  (Read 7171 times)

2014-09-18, 19:09:23

Longfellowdeeds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello all, Im having a bit of a problem with the reflections override, so heres my problem. Ive got a scene setup of a desert and a car, im using an HDRI in environment slot, But the shadows are a lightish blue but shows great reflections, what i need are greyer shadows instead of the light blue shadows, so i put the HDRI into the Reflections override and disabled the map in environment. Now when i render the scene, im getting just a couple of fireflies here and there on the model, which is metal materials as well as the other materials i have on my model, does anyone have any tips or ideas of how to solve this? by the way all my settings in render rollout are set to normal except exposure settings.

2014-09-18, 19:39:00
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
[..], so i put the HDRI into the Reflections override and disabled the map in environment. Now when i render the scene, im getting just a couple of fireflies here and there on the model, which is metal materials as well as the other materials i have on my model, [..]

Why did you do that?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-09-18, 20:24:23
Reply #2

Longfellowdeeds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did that to change the shadow color, so i have to leave the hdri in environment slot, while having one in the reflections override? I hope this makes sense lol

2014-09-18, 20:41:10
Reply #3

Longfellowdeeds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay hope this will help, i guess im trying to fake the shadows in a way, This first image is a matte black material, in a sunny HDRI scene in the environment slot only...i know the corona sun is not lined up with the hdri, i like the sun right where i have it. but the shadow is to blue to me,

This image has the shadow how i want it, but i had to disable the environment hdri, and use it in reflections override only, everything is fine and how i want except the fireflies showing, thats the only problem i get, so i guess im not able to do this. Sorry for the confusion.

2014-09-22, 17:27:05
Reply #4

Prem_singh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
open Render Settings.

(In the Environment section)   Switch to Corona
and use your HDRIs there instead of Max Environment.

2014-09-22, 20:51:53
Reply #5

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can grab the hdri and edit the blue levels in photoshop (desaturate a bit)...

I'm opening an HDRI now just to remember how...

Image->Adjustments->Hue and Saturation and play with the levels (pick only the blue channel).

Or like a pro photoshoper... "Ctrl+u"  then "Alt+7" And slide the "saturation".

Its a good idea to make a copy of your HDRI and using it just to lighting (You can always put the original one in the "Direct visibility override slot" of the Environment slot (Corona Settings (press "F10")).

« Last Edit: 2014-09-22, 21:32:58 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-09-27, 05:29:26
Reply #6

Longfellowdeeds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thankyou guys!!!