Author Topic: Rendering multiple frames simultaneously with one pc??  (Read 2872 times)

2014-07-16, 15:14:28

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Hello all,I am using Corona for my final year school project.Sadly,there is no corona on our render farm in school so I was wondering if there is a way u could tell ur pc to render.
I am using an Intel Core i7 -4700MQ@ 2.40ghz with 32gb ram, and a Nvidia GTX 780M of 4gb ram.
Will this be enough to run multiple frame renderings?
Also is there anyway I can get the render settings for the alpha test scene.I understand some tweaks were made to get it to run faster.If I can tweak the settings to get faster render time.That will be awesome.Right now my scene takes like one hour to render out with very little noise.I need to render like approximately 4 secs at 25 fps.I am rendering like 4 cameras for that scene alone.

Any advice I can get will be deeply appreciated.Thanks.

2014-07-19, 19:47:17
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Ok, first of all read about "Backburner", I belive the test scene was optimized, and settings were set to default. (Cant be sure here)

Theres no way to help you speed up your render by sugesting solutions to scene that we know nothing about.

If you have to render 100 frames, and It takes 1 hour to get one render clear, its probably your fault or the resolution is quite high.

There are tons of ways to help you, but as I said you need to give more details about the project it self.

Also your post was quite naive.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-07-20, 23:50:12
Reply #2

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Or it's probably because your scene take 1 hour per frame to render, I'm doing one project that takes it.

Corona is fast, but it can take a bit to render at high quality.

If you don't have money to hire a renderfarm you'll have to render frame by frame, or ask your school for permission to use their computers and ask them to install corona... It's legal. There is no reason to don't do that.

Anyways, you can render 2 frames in your comouter, but if your computer takes 1 hour pero frame, if you render two frames you'll get 2 hours per frame more or less...

The answer is fight for corona in your school renderfarm I think.

I'm sorry I can't help you more, but really, this is render, quality equals time, specially with unbiased or near to unbiased render engines.

Cheers.