Author Topic: Animating Exposure change not working...  (Read 227 times)

2024-10-02, 14:07:31

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

I am doing a store animation walking from outside to inside. I have a corona camera tag and want to change the exposure from -2 (outside) to 0 once inside. I can click the 'override' and 'enable' to record the transition but not allowing me to record (click the diamond). Probably a really simple solution! Animation is not my strongest area. Thanks :-)

2024-10-02, 18:12:28
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, that doesn't work.
Bypass w "ISO" Camera setting.

Edit:
Disregard. Appears broken on my side ~ ISO, speed, f-stop ain't working. (?)
« Last Edit: 2024-10-02, 18:36:45 by burnin »

2024-10-02, 21:06:19
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Burnin,

Thank's for the reply. Should work right? Just activate traffic light, record alter record then transition should work? Strange... Anyone else? Suppose worst case scenario, I render the whole animation at -2 expsure and brighten up in AE? Not doing the animation for a while luckily.

2024-10-02, 21:10:56
Reply #3

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just done a Google and found a previous thread here so answer is no, for now.

2024-10-02, 23:30:18
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, save HDRIs and play w/ exposure in post 

oh, and disable ACES OT (since that clamps the image, making it LDR)
basically, just keep it linear.
« Last Edit: 2024-10-02, 23:47:13 by burnin »

2024-10-03, 16:54:27
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just throwing this idea out there. What if you set your scene with LightMix. Render the one animation in daylight. Then change the lighting in the LightMix panel and export the night version. I assume you can do this, but you'd only have to render once and transition in a video app between the two. I have not used LightMix for an animation, but I think that can be done. LightMix is pretty powerful.

2024-10-03, 20:22:30
Reply #6

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice one Jedi BigAl3D! Sounds like a good approach, will defo give it a go :-)

2024-10-03, 20:51:47
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
disregard
« Last Edit: 2024-10-03, 20:56:51 by burnin »

2024-10-03, 22:19:47
Reply #8

wolfgang holtzman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For the camera to work I would uncheck all the tone map stuff in the VFB, add a photographic exposure then it should work. I would avoid any other method besides a camera change since in reality that what you would do; most likely you'd close your aperture, hence the clickless aperture ring on a lens.

disclaimer, I'm coming from vray from like last week so I might be wrong.

2024-10-03, 22:44:24
Reply #9

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For the camera to work I would uncheck all the tone map stuff in the VFB, add a photographic exposure then it should work. I would avoid any other method besides a camera change since in reality that what you would do; most likely you'd close your aperture, hence the clickless aperture ring on a lens.

I'm surprised nobody have suggested this before because it works :)

Tonemapping parameters can't be animated since the stack is dynamic. I don't know if it is also the case on Max, but it would be nice to see this limitation removed (and in the meantime, keyframe buttons should be removed to avoid confusion).

2024-10-04, 17:24:40
Reply #10

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Right, totally forgot to add "photographic exposure" extra processing :)