Author Topic: Do I need a separate license for image editor?  (Read 254 times)

2024-09-24, 12:55:58

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I work in a team like many others here likely do. Sometimes further down the pipe they might want to make a stylistic decision that could be resolved by adjusting a lightmix layer.

Would i need a separate full corona license just to give them the ability to open and adjust the cxr files?

2024-09-24, 16:28:58
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The CIE does need you to have purchased Corona, so the second machine will need the license server installed (or you will have to have the license server set up on a network). But the GUI license used by the CIE is not the same as the one used by Corona, which means you can have Max open and be using Corona GUI and rendering there, while another machine has the CIE opened and in use, with just one subscription for Corona and no additional purchase.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-09-26, 10:58:27
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The CIE does need you to have purchased Corona, so the second machine will need the license server installed (or you will have to have the license server set up on a network). But the GUI license used by the CIE is not the same as the one used by Corona, which means you can have Max open and be using Corona GUI and rendering there, while another machine has the CIE opened and in use, with just one subscription for Corona and no additional purchase.

Ah ok brilliant thank you Tom!

2024-09-26, 13:23:22
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile