Author Topic: Issues in and around VFB and IR  (Read 472 times)

2024-08-27, 23:56:26

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UPDATE: I wasn't aware that there is a hotfix already. The majority of the issues appear to have been resolved.

I'm wondering a bit if I'm the only one struggling with the new VFB and some issues around...?
Also, I'm not sure, which issues are already reported or if they happen only on my end.

— Memory leak when using IR. It happened a few times in the last days that after I started IR in an almost empty scene, the system run out of memory (128 GB) and I had to force close C4D.
I wasn't able to find a pattern what caused this issue, a simple restart of C4D resolved it (until it came back the next day) Didn't happen in IR with new release yet. But it happened today during final rendering.

— Next issue is that IR is constantly refreshing and parsing the scene, sometimes even if I just watch the screen and do nothing. But It happens every time when I move the viewport (not the active camera), hit a key or change bloom and glare. Very hard to work with...It seems to have been fixed successfully.

— Another issue is that final denoising gets deactivated. This issue I'm able to reproduce. If I open a new scene, as soon as I start IR, denoising for the final rendering gets deactivated, and I have to activate it again in the render settings. This usually happens only when I start IR for the first time, after that it works as expected. (Except if I'm using takes) Fixed

— Camera tag is not always updated when I change something in VFB. Tone mapping works as expected, but I had some problems with bloom and glare. I wasn't able to reproduce it, typically it works as expected. It seems to be fixed.

— IR can't be stopped using the stop button if the max number of passes are reached, because the button is greyed out

— IR doesn't stop when VFB is closed (I'm not sure if you consider this to be a bug or feature, but I liked the behavior from earlier versions much better when IR stopped when VFB was closed.) Fixed, thanks!

And finally a question, which software for Win 10 are you using for screen recording and gif export to share it easier here on the website?
Especially when I want to record only a part of the screen, the software I'm using allows me to record only the whole screen.

Thanks!

Corona 12 final release
C4D R20
Win 10
« Last Edit: 2024-08-28, 10:46:04 by lollolo »

2024-08-28, 08:33:56
Reply #1

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Try the latest version of Corona 12 ( Hotfix 1), it fixes many issues with the VFB : https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=43325.msg226963#msg226963

To avoid any issues I'm still using the old VFB since I don't miss anything from the new one. You can change it in the corona prefs.

And finally a question, which software are you using for screen recording and gif export to share it easier here on the website?
Especially when I want to record only a part of the screen, the software I'm using allows me to record only the whole screen.

On Windows ? ShareX

2024-08-28, 08:41:34
Reply #2

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi John, my fault, I didn't check for a hotfix, my head was too much into work. Most issues are fixed, wonderful!

And thanks for your suggestion, very helpful!

So the only issue remaining is that IR can't be stopped using the stop button. Otherwise, this can be moved to resolved. Thanks!