Author Topic: C'est la vie  (Read 1002 times)

2024-08-05, 17:22:45

tresde

• Active Users
  • Art Director / Senior 3D Artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hello everyone this is my latest personal exterior lighting study.
Max + Chaos Corona + Ps
Scene by Evermotion
For more artworks
https://www.behance.net/tresde

2024-08-05, 19:11:46
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Nice images, but it looks like the scene has some scaling issues?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-08-05, 23:33:02
Reply #2

tresde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Nice images, but it looks like the scene has some scaling issues?
Thanks and no, I don't think so.

2024-08-06, 18:12:19
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IMHO
It's just the 'architectural' perspective which feels unnatural for such 'photography' case. Also, motion blur, lens and sensor anomalies would help giving it the 'naturalistic' feel, tho I suspect your scene is static and you don't do photography for real. So it's fairly good work.

2024-08-06, 20:18:21
Reply #4

tresde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
IMHO
It's just the 'architectural' perspective which feels unnatural for such 'photography' case. Also, motion blur, lens and sensor anomalies would help giving it the 'naturalistic' feel, tho I suspect your scene is static and you don't do photography for real. So it's fairly good work.
A focal lenght value above 50mm always will compress the perspective if you think that feels unnatural then you have no idea about how to take advantage about the use of the focal lenght value in photography. Use wide angle lens in architectural visualization is not the only answer for exterior images there are more creative ways to play with this characteristic. The anomalies that you mentioned are just side effects of the values you use in terms of exposure iso and f stop that can not be forced and pretry much depends on the lighting conditions, and yes I do photography I've being doing it for the last 15 years in real life and CG field.
« Last Edit: 2024-08-06, 22:36:24 by tresde »

2024-08-07, 00:00:13
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fine, it's your choice...
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

2024-08-07, 08:37:35
Reply #6

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These are definitely nice examples of lighting and materials. The only thing that bugs me is the road and the pavement that are crazy warped. Perphaps something slightly less visible wouldn't catch an eye. Great job otherwise!

2024-08-07, 11:38:53
Reply #7

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I keep looking at this, and perhaps it is the perspective.  But something to my eye is making the car look really small or the bollards really tall.  I can't pinpoint it but there's something not quite sitting right with the scale of 'something' as others have pointed out.

I've attached a photo of a street in paris and the cars are nearly double the height of the bollards.  In your images, the car (especially the one on the road) doesn't look much taller than the bollards.

I'm nitpicking but on the whole the images are looking good.

Edit:  I've just looked again, I think it is just the perspective/lens choice throwing my brain

2024-09-07, 14:54:04
Reply #8

tresde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Two more extra moods