Author Topic: cropping textures  (Read 601 times)

2024-08-05, 11:54:44

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Hi All

I was wondering if you have any workarounds that could help me out.
I have a single large texture I would like to crop into squares and use in in a multitexture on a floorgenerator object. 
I would like to use a single texture rather than 10 of the same image cropped individually.

Any ideas or workarounds ?

2024-08-05, 12:08:14
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Both bitmap nodes (Max and Corona) have cropping tools and you can use mapping randomizer to do randomization of cropped tiles.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-08-05, 12:13:55
Reply #2

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Both bitmap nodes (Max and Corona) have cropping tools and you can use mapping randomizer to do randomization of cropped tiles.

Thanks, maybe I am not seeing it but I understand I can crop an image- which I am doing, But I want to use a single large 8K texture and have multiple crops of that texture going into a single multimap. Are you saying this can be done ?

2024-08-05, 19:00:52
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes. Here's a basic scene with couple examples of how you could possibly approach this. Mind you the mapping is not done correctly in this scene and it will break as soon as you will try to change object dimensions, or texture tiling. It's perfectly possible to fix this, but i just wanted to quickly throw some scene together and my Max knowledge is a bit rusty.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-08-06, 10:29:15
Reply #4

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Yes. Here's a basic scene with couple examples of how you could possibly approach this. Mind you the mapping is not done correctly in this scene and it will break as soon as you will try to change object dimensions, or texture tiling. It's perfectly possible to fix this, but i just wanted to quickly throw some scene together and my Max knowledge is a bit rusty.

Thanks for sending this through. So I do use both methods but for some reason I thought using multiple of the same textures in a multi would increase the file size when zipped, clearly it doesn't.
« Last Edit: 2024-08-06, 11:11:22 by Artisticpixel »