Author Topic: Distributed rendering (LAN)  (Read 578 times)

2024-07-12, 17:36:12

Alberto Luque

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Im looking for a way to render an animation and split the amount of frames to render in 2 different computers. As long as i read corona just could render same frame with different computers, but i dont see the way to split a secuence to render with the slave and the master. Any help will be really welcome

2024-07-12, 17:44:10
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can just use Max's Backburner, a free and built-in network rendering tool. You don't need to say which frames go on which machine, Backburner will divide the frames up between any and all connected machines by itself. There are other more sophisticated (but paid for) network render management solutions too.

Remember, you will need a Corona Node license to render on the second machine. This is either included for you (because you subscribed before Corona 8 was released  and have maintained your subscription), or you will need to  purchase one if you don't have the historically included nodes.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-07-12, 17:53:37
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can just use Max's Backburner, a free and built-in network rendering tool. You don't need to say which frames go on which machine, Backburner will divide the frames up between any and all connected machines by itself. There are other more sophisticated (but paid for) network render management solutions too.

They might need to split it, especially if they have a section in the sequence that is notoriously tough to render and one of the machines is much faster than the other for example.

Either way - Pulze is perfect for this, I used it recently to do just this, I was able to send renders to specific machines and tell them exactly which frames to render.

2024-07-12, 18:46:38
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, Backburner works best when all machines are kinda similar in performance; and yes, the paid alternatives certainly offer a lot more options and control than the sadly long-neglected built-in solution :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-07-14, 09:26:07
Reply #4

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love Pulze Render Manager too. I wouldn't see myself doing without it now that I'm using it. It's so flexible, and simple to use.