Author Topic: usdz export problem  (Read 256 times)

2024-05-27, 11:12:10

maxpai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, how to properly export the model with 'Corona for 3ds Max' textures from 3ds Max (with usdz plugin installed),
after exporting, textures are missing in the preview

2024-05-27, 12:35:27
Reply #1

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I dont use usd (yet) but from the documentation it looks like you need either Physical, USD Preview Surface or MaterialX materials (not Corona materials). If you are using only Corona Physical materials you can try my script  to convert to Autodesk Physical materials (not sure how Physical materials behave in usd but you can try).

You could also put a request to Corona team to implement a converter/exporter similar to Vray 6. Currently I dont see it on the trello roadmap.

2024-05-27, 12:50:54
Reply #2

maxpai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the answer, I'll check it out, maybe it will help, but maybe someone had a similar problem and will write something...

2024-05-27, 16:08:55
Reply #3

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tested it using Physical materials, seems to work just fine exporting to .usd

Just remember to put a normal node before your normal texture in the bump slot. Or apparently you can use the PBR Metal/Gloss, GLTF materials too. My script that converts Corona to Physical also does the normal node for you.

2024-05-27, 19:27:03
Reply #4

maxpai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for your time, but I have a 'newbie' question, how to run the script... to change the material /via Maxscript button -> Utilities?/

2024-05-27, 20:38:51
Reply #5

maxpai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tested it using Physical materials, seems to work just fine exporting to .usd

Just remember to put a normal node before your normal texture in the bump slot. Or apparently you can use the PBR Metal/Gloss, GLTF materials too. My script that converts Corona to Physical also does the normal node for you.

ok, I was on your website, I think everything is there, greetings and thanks..