Author Topic: Corona Sun not present in the scene but rendering  (Read 260 times)

2024-05-27, 01:47:36

xzalenx

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Issue i've been fighting since day 1 :)
The problem i have is that the corona sun even though not present in the scene (I deleted it) still is rendering; it's still visible in the render. I only wanted to render with corona sky in order not to have harsh sun in the scene and I don't know what to do. Where could it be possibly hidden? Or is it a feature somewhere to turn this off?
Please help! im in a hurry:(

2024-05-27, 03:24:25
Reply #1

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

First go to Command panel > Display > Hide by Category and double check that 'Lights' category is unticked.
Another way to find the hidden sun is to open the Unified Corona Lister and double check there is no sun in the Lights tab.
You can also right click anywhere in a viewport and choose 'Unfreeze All' and 'Unhide All' to check there is no sun frozen or hidden.
If that doesn't help you can choose File > Reset to start with a fresh new file with no sun in it (unless you created one in your maxstart.max file), and merge all your objects in that new scene.

Hope it helps,

2024-05-28, 16:36:42
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It would indeed be impossible for a sun to render, if there is no such object in the scene. This would suggest it is hidden in some way, or that there is another similar light source somewhere (a V-Ray sun, a Max native sun set up, some other light that is not a sun, an HDRI with bright sun in some override, etc.). Some examples of your renders would be useful, too, just to see what you are getting, as well as a grab of your Corona Sky parameters.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us