Author Topic: Rendering on bucket mode at rebusfarm, kind of urgent question :)  (Read 3652 times)

2014-06-13, 14:06:51

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Hey,

so I'm working on commercial project now and I'm on rendering stage, I wanted to try Rebusfarm for network rendering but this seem to support only bucket mode.

rendering frame on my pc took 15min / 600 passes, now, the question is how to setup bucket mode to match this quality, is there a way of doing this or I need to do new testing?

btw, does anybody used rebusfarm with corona?

P.
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2014-06-13, 15:35:20
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't tried rebus with Corona, but I use bucket mode in all my renders.

I think there was a way to calculate how to configure bucket mode to achieve 600 passes, but I don't know the maths and I don't fully remember if what I'm saying is true hehehe (I think it is.)
You can't set it up to a desired time, but to a desired quality, I usually configure the scene between 5 and 10 samples for the first pass and between 3 or 5 passes to clean it up.

Cheers.

2014-06-13, 15:46:04
Reply #2

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
thanks dude,

I quickly setup up this for 30/4, addaptive tresh. 0.01 and it's look okey, will test at rebusfarm and get back to write how it goes,

P.
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2014-06-13, 16:46:52
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
30/4 with 0.01 are a pretty high settings, do you need so agressive threshold?
I get fine results with 0.03 as default, even with 0.04 sometimes, and if you use 30 as initial samples you loose one of the leverages of rendering with bucket mode, which is adaptativity, bucket can be faster than progressive because it can decide faster when to stop sampling an specific area, I think it's better to use 10/6 or 10/10, it will deliver similar results and posibly faster.

Give it a try at least and tell here your results :D

Cheers.

2014-06-13, 23:48:12
Reply #4

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just set the base samples in the buckets to whatever number of passes you completed in progressive mode, and set the number of bucket passes to 1. That'll work exactly like progressive mode, except... not progressive. :-) But it'll take a set amount of samples per pixel, just like progressive.

2014-06-22, 14:24:54
Reply #5

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will it complete the render in the same time as progressive?

Cheers

2014-06-22, 16:08:11
Reply #6

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It should be every so slightly faster, but most likely within the margin of error.