Author Topic: Interactive rendering not working  (Read 1019 times)

2023-10-13, 21:24:49

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I use Corona with C4D r20 for few days now. In my case interactive render window is not interactive at all. Refresh button does not work. It does not change anything when I twik the material, lights and so on. Why is that? Is my C4D too old for interactive render? Is there something in settings, that I have to turn on?
Please, let me know if I can make it working.

2023-10-13, 21:42:33
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you selecting Start IR rather than Render in the VFB? Which version of Corona? You can ignore the Refresh button, it doesn't do anything, but IR should change as soon as you move an object, change a material, adjust a light, etc. See https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528493906449-How-to-use-Interactive-Rendering-in-Corona-for-Cinema-4D- in case it helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-10-13, 22:38:43
Reply #2

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you! It works with IR Start, doesn't work with Render in VFB

2023-10-16, 13:51:31
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Then all is working as intended :) "Render" does a final render, freezing the state of the scene it is rendering to how it was when the button was pressed, and while you might be able to make changes to the scene while that render is happening, the render will not stop and start over to reflect those changes. For the second use case, that's where IR (Interactive Rendering) comes in, and you use that instead - basically, Start IR is "I am just making changes to my scene and want to see them as I work" and Render is "I am done with changes and want a full-quality final render please".

2023-10-16, 18:45:37
Reply #4

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, right now it is clear to me. Thank you a lot!

2023-10-16, 22:23:46
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome!