Author Topic: How to set up a 'room scene' for concept renders  (Read 1055 times)

2023-09-29, 09:59:04

wardy_mk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello. I work in retail display design. Basically, for a shop to allow something to go into it, they need to see what it looks like - this is where I come in.
I would like to create a generic 'white room' in which to drop my concepts and 'just set it off rendering' so to speak.
I've been trying for a while but just can't seem to get it just right. I would prefer it to have good lighting without me having to move specific lights when I move the camera ideally. Also, a lot of the concepts we do are based on white materials so it's going to be tricky there too.
Does anyone have a link to a tutorial or any general tips on doing this please? Or even a link so something I can download and tweak...?

Any tips/advice/links/suggestions greatly appeciated...!

See attachment for the kind of thing we're after...

2023-09-29, 11:24:18
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, can you share some of your results so far? How are you lighting your scenes? Sky/Sun, HDRI or lights, all of the above?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-09-29, 11:30:04
Reply #2

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what your level of expertise is, but this should be a fairly simple task. But what are you really trying to achieve?

Other than being 'white' untextured models, the reference images you attached all use different styles of lighting. in very different scale rooms. Should it be lit by large windows, or an enclosed space with artifical lighting, or a mix, or just a simple set? the setup would differ depending on the desired result

2023-09-29, 12:04:25
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
As a quick test, here's a large room lit with Corona lights and sky. The exposure is cranked a little.

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-09-29, 16:03:18
Reply #4

wardy_mk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all. Thanks. It's quite hard to explain, I've created a room and can get it looking okay but it's still a bit 'off'. See below for a couple of examples of how I've managed to get it so far. (Low scans preview). These both look okay BUT I had to do a fair bit of tweaking from one of them to the other one to make it 'look good'. They both looked fine in the end but I had to spend a fair bit of time messing around with it. I'd like a scene where I can drop pretty much anything into it and it'll look great.

I'll set up a scene like Beanz has shown there and see if that works... Thanks!

2023-10-02, 19:13:58
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just remember to think real-world. If you had the items in-hand and where to take a photo, how would you set it up? What is the space it will be in? Just recreate that in 3D, lights, windows, everything. You can have a Null for the spot that looks the best so you can just drop new items in. You can even add a camera target pointing at that spot. This way, you can just move the camera and it will always keep your subject in the frame. Great for animations too.