Author Topic: Turn off max displacment but keep Corona displacment  (Read 483 times)

2023-09-22, 10:13:37

busseynova

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is an option, I can't find anything in the setting. I'm fairly new migrating back to Corona from VRay after a while with the latter.

I have a few objects with displacment textures, when I have a Corona displacment modifier on top, they work fine, taking the map from the material. When I turn off this modifier it interprets the displacment via the Max scene units (meters in this case, so the object blows up)

I VRay there was an option to interpret the displacment via a set figure (1x scene unit by default I think) which could be turned off so that displacment only happened if a Displacment modifier was present and turned on.

Is there similar in Corona?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to debug some displcment that is looking wrong on an object, so wanted to just see with/without by flicking the modifier on and off.

2023-09-22, 10:36:55
Reply #1

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally I dont use this option but maybe worth a try. In render settings there is a displacement option, also in the modifier. Is that what you are after?

2023-09-22, 10:48:59
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Displacement is always using scene units, that is true for settings in material, as well as in displacement modifier. Most likely the reason why your displacement is "blowing up" when you turn modifier off, is because displacement min/max level is set too high in material. You need to find that material and adjust displacement level there. There is no global displacement multiplier in Corona, in fact  i'm having hard time to imagine how that could work.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-09-22, 16:44:35
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Could you explain why exactly you are interested in this feature? What's the use case for using any other units for displacement than physical scene units like centimeters or inches?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us