Author Topic: Corona 10/11 - Corona Render Assets loading very slow  (Read 20140 times)

2024-08-05, 16:35:15
Reply #75

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@maru @coronateam, have you guys submitted a report ticket to Autodesk to fix the issue with Corona and this 3dsmax cloth modifier?

We have now. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-08-20, 14:12:49
Reply #76

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
*local IT dep confirms there's network issues today, so that might explain my sudden issues ;)*

I'm having the slow loading of a scene ("loading corona assets") appear again in V12hf1 max 2024. Is there a log/report or something stored after file open, where I can see loading time and name of the assets causing the issue?

Some of the assets are on a network drive, so could also be that. But the scene is taking several minutes longer to load than similar projects. Also scene parsing on last render was around 6mins - which I think is crazy, so something must be slowing it all down.

"Updating views" on scene load is also taking ages/seems to be stuck at 82% while I write this.
« Last Edit: 2024-08-20, 14:33:41 by Jens »
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2024-08-20, 16:14:13
Reply #77

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a log/report or something stored after file open, where I can see loading time and name of the assets causing the issue?

Unfortunately, no. If you send us a scene, our developers will be able to find out which assets are taking most of the opening time. You need special debugging files for this.

2024-08-21, 09:43:56
Reply #78

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Is there a log/report or something stored after file open, where I can see loading time and name of the assets causing the issue?

Unfortunately, no. If you send us a scene, our developers will be able to find out which assets are taking most of the opening time. You need special debugging files for this.

Cheers Maru, is scene parsing also linked to network/storage speed of assets? I.e. if there's proxies not loading in to ram?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2024-08-21, 11:01:30
Reply #79

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
During parsing, assets are loaded into RAM, so it does depend on network/storage speed, yes. If you disable the "keep in RAM" option for a proxy, it will be loaded just once and kept in RAM.

2024-08-24, 22:01:56
Reply #80

mark_yang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like to ask if the problem of slow reading of corona assets when opening MAX files has been solved. Currently, the installation of 11.2 is still very slow, and 12.1 will also be slow

2024-08-26, 09:50:16
Reply #81

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would like to ask if the problem of slow reading of corona assets when opening MAX files has been solved. Currently, the installation of 11.2 is still very slow, and 12.1 will also be slow

As explained in this thread multiple times, please:
- archive your scene with all assets
- send it to us at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please also note that unfortunately getting stuck at "loading Corona assets" might not mean that the issue is really related to Corona. Flor example, we had a case where this was caused by the 3ds Max Cloth modifier.

We need scenes from users with this problem in order to understand what is going on and provide a fix/explanation. Thank you in advance.