Author Topic: Coming back to Corona  (Read 916 times)

2023-07-26, 13:49:20

busseynova

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I've used Corona before, but have been using Vray for the last few years, in which time I think the merger/buyout happened. I guess the last version I used was probably 5? Would have been at the start of 2018 and I can't remember whether we were on the latest version by then.

I've landed a new job and the studio uses Corona, so wondered if anyone has any thoughts on differences between the two. I know these are probably few and far between since the merger, but interested to hear what adjustments you made to your workflow since adopting Corona.

I just finished a project using VRScenes as a kind of Xref, worked well, but this seems like one notable omission (maybe I'm wrong here, I know there's the .cdo filetype, can this just be loaded through a Corona Proxy object?)

2023-07-26, 16:26:37
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just the usual thoughts - corona is still more straightforward, slightly quicker (usually), and looks nicer (subjectively).
Lots of the updates that have happened in V-ray have also happened in corona (chaos scatter, cosmos, enmesh/pattern, decal etc.)
Some of the more pipeline based tools available in V-ray may not be in corona though, and yes, you'd better go back to using x-refs. And dont bother asking for GPU implementation :)

2023-08-03, 17:12:28
Reply #2

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-08-03, 20:11:47
Reply #3

LE DON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no difference except the material (Corona Physical Material)i think corona does better than vray