Author Topic: [Solved] What am I doing wrong with Tonemap Control Texmap?  (Read 686 times)

2023-06-13, 18:57:11

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've tried all the combinations, but when I change the tone mapping, the environment keeps changing along with the rest. I have already tried restarting the interactive render.
This is just a test but I have a job to finish and I don't know how to do it! Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: 2023-06-13, 20:06:23 by Giovanni Stengel »

2023-06-13, 19:17:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You have to feed the environment bitmap into a Corona Tonemap Control and then place that Tonemap Control into your environment slot. In the Tonemap Control you can disable whether it is affected by various aspects of the tone mapping (and it does then require a restart to IR / Rendering to take effect if you make any tone mapping changes :) )

https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Corona+Tonemap+Control+Map
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-13, 19:51:28
Reply #2

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear TomG, I have solved it! I did some testing and the problem lies in a little "bug" in Corona. In order to get the tone control to work I have to remove and then put the bitmap back in otherwise Corona won't make it effective.
Thank you!

2023-06-14, 10:28:08
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@Giovanni - can you please try if simply restarting IR makes it work for you as expected? (without unplugging and plugging back the bitmap node)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-06-14, 11:59:10
Reply #4

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@maru I tried that multiple times and on multiple files. It wasn't working.

Is there any way to see tone mapping changes in real time using tone map control? Even just in the VFB window or other ways?

2023-06-28, 11:27:23
Reply #5

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
@maru I tried that multiple times and on multiple files. It wasn't working.

Is there any way to see tone mapping changes in real time using tone map control? Even just in the VFB window or other ways?

The CoronaTonemapControl map works as expected. Unfortunately, after changing the tone mapping settings (or exposure if you have it unchecked in TonemapControl map) you need to restart the IR to see the correct results - the map in TonemapControl not effected by tone mapping.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-07-04, 16:44:07
Reply #6

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Aram, as I said that was not the point. To make it working I have to unplug and re-connect the material.

2023-07-04, 18:09:09
Reply #7

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Giovanni,

That is exactly as if you were refreshing/restarting the render. I think we refer to the same thing :)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-07-04, 19:26:58
Reply #8

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Aram! If I restart/refresh the render in that situation the problem remain. If you ,as support, need this info I can check again.