Author Topic: Keeping the Light Directionality consistent after VRay<-->Corona conversion  (Read 940 times)

2022-12-17, 07:39:44

dsolod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Corona and Vray lights behave differently with the same directionality value
Would it be possible to use some ratio (if any) to change the value but to keep the consistency of the directionality after the conversion?
Thank you!

2023-01-03, 09:01:56
Reply #1

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, it is correctly converting - appearance of the light remains the same, only the numerical value changes. For example - directionality of Vray light 0.8 equals 0.56 in Corona Light after conversion. It is expected and could be the same with other values. For example - glossiness 0.5 could mean something else in Corona Mtl and in Vray Mtl.

Why would you like to have a ratio here?

2023-01-03, 12:31:37
Reply #2

dsolod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nazar,

Terribly sorry! I guess I need to address my request to V-Ray Team, because it doesn't work Corona=>V-Ray direction (additionally the radius of the disk light is considered as a diameter and decreases by 2 times after the conversion)

Thank you for your answer!

Dmitry

2023-01-04, 14:50:21
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'll forward this over to the V-Ray team and let you know when I have some more info.

Cheers!

EDIT 06-01-2023:
The V-Ray team have isolated the problem and will fix it. I'm not sure when it will make the nightlies though :)
« Last Edit: 2023-01-06, 09:18:47 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!