Author Topic: How to get the correct alpha channel for this problem  (Read 930 times)

2022-10-18, 09:57:34

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have a problem in a very complex scene under NDA so I simplified it for the sake of the question - I have 2 objects in the scene and a camera animation (rotating around those objects).
My problem -  I need to produce a render sequences that has only the visible part of the blue sphere visible in the render, and everything else is Alpha - Including the green part of the torus that is in front of the sphere. Like in the second attachment - only what I highlighted should be visible in the render, everything else should be Alpha
how can I achieve that ?

2022-10-18, 10:45:20
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
You could try setting the material you want excluded to black in the advanced alpha mode settings. ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2022-10-18, 13:58:53
Reply #2

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-10-20, 02:00:55
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would enable the Multipass feature, add a Mask, change to Include Selection and drag the Sphere in that. Depending on how you save it, it could be a PNG sequence with alpha and you're done. You can also use a separate alpha sequence and Trackmatte it out in AE or another compositing app. If you're not sure how to do this, post back and I'll illustrate it visually.

2022-10-20, 05:03:25
Reply #4

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I followed Beanzvision advice and it works great