Author Topic: Chaos scatter: Distribution by a map  (Read 1852 times)

2022-10-10, 12:43:16

Vizoom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • vizoom.net
Hello,

why don´t we have the option to set up the distribution by a map (shader/texture/noise) in Chaos scatter?..or do I overlook it and such option exist someway?
Max-version has such an option. In the slot where you indicate the>count<, there is also a possibility to use a map.
I think it´s really essential.
By now we found a provisional workout: In the tab >transformations< we can include the scale and there is a slot for a map there:
So we define the scale from 0 to 100% and use a noise as a map: In black areas of the noise the instances have scale=0, in the white ones full-size. But I suppose the instances stil exist in balck areas, even if the scale=0 make them invisible, so they are calculated there so it has surely an impact on render time? What do you think?
With this methode we can also no more use the scale-transformation for size-variation, so it´s a weak solution.

What is the reason we don´t have a map for distribution like the Max version? Will it be implemented?
Thanks!

Best, Artur
vizoom | visual craftmanship | berlin - barcelona

2022-10-10, 12:50:21
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
"Added support for setting distribution shader in Chaos Scatter"

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36221.msg203964#msg203964
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-10, 13:01:48
Reply #2

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Works well too! ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2022-10-10, 13:51:24
Reply #3

Vizoom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • vizoom.net
@Tom: Thank you!
@Bengamin: Surely a much better idea than our solution! Big thanks!

2022-10-10, 20:46:37
Reply #4

Vizoom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • vizoom.net
I just wanted to test it, but I see I don´t have this additional distribution option(?) (image below).
Perhaps because I´m on C4D R20 (your layout looks a little different)?

I tried to use a noise in the opacity channel of the distribution plane but of course it did not work as the real geometry stayed the same.
So no solution for me (only the provisional one described) and I´ve to wait for build9 .

If I load a daily-build from the link in the thread about version 9 development: Is the installer working the same way like  in the official builds? ...and is it stable enough for professional work?

Best,
Artur

2022-10-11, 08:16:30
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi Artur,

This feature is only found in either RC1 or RC2. So in order to use it you will need to install one of those. Honestly, I am finding these builds rather stable so far. If you want to test it out, please feel free to do so. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WyXJ0IZZYPxjSFNNNZTBXr6jZK9zrOZR
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!