Author Topic: Animate Simple Exposure Value  (Read 6173 times)

2023-10-01, 14:25:31
Reply #15

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you open a new thread for RT/IV issue and post a simple scene, video, describing steps to reproduce, full specs... showing, exposing the bug.
IIRC, there was such a bug some time ago, but for now (v10.1) runs well...

Although during more intensive, complex workflow, C4D can and occasionally IR/IV does stall (can't keep up and doesn't refresh) as it seems it's still highly sensitive to hierarchical order when generative processing and procedural/ key-framed animations are involved. But then, on 2nd action IR/IV responds again. (?)

2023-10-03, 10:50:31
Reply #16

quatrosolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not referring to IR rendering. This can actually work with the photographic exposure just fine even in IR.
It is just a minor inconvenience that if you are using this workflow then if you want to adjust the exposure in a normal rendering you need to disable photographic enable regular and change it. Anyway there is not need of any bug to be reproduced, keyframing simple exposure cannot happen the program does not let you do that.

Ultimately, the problem for me with using iso is that when I want some of my images to include DOF I need to adjust the aperture and then compensate with shutter speed, you can do it of course it is just not so easy as a simple exposure value regardless of the aperture value.

Anyway, I hope it will be addressed in the future. I see no reason to continue this thread tbh.
It is honestly a very simple functionality.
Best regards,

2024-08-27, 07:55:45
Reply #17

BLADE

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, not updates at this time but we do have it on our short list :)

Its more than 2 years and 2 full versions later since I reported this.
Will you ever get to this point your "short list"?
It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.
C4D R20 Studio on Win10, AMD 7950X, RTX4090
C4D R20 Studio on macOs 10.13.6 on iMac 27" i7 End 2015

2024-08-27, 17:50:26
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Since this is a feature request (really should have been moved on the forums, sorry!), I added it to the Ideas Portal where it can be tracked and conversation can be centralized: https://chaos.aha.io/ideas/ideas/CMAX-I-38

"Will you ever get to this point your "short list"?" is something we can't answer, everything gets re-evaluated every release and we don't know 100% in advance of planning a release what makes it into that release and what does not. The status of the Idea will update if and when it makes it into the plans for a release, so be sure to follow that :) Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-09-01, 21:47:38
Reply #19

BLADE

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can hardly wait for it to be transferred from the feature list to the bug list in 2 years' time.

Just kidding ... :-)
It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.
C4D R20 Studio on Win10, AMD 7950X, RTX4090
C4D R20 Studio on macOs 10.13.6 on iMac 27" i7 End 2015