Author Topic: Worldposition pass without AA  (Read 3430 times)

2014-05-01, 01:52:09

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
is there any solution to turn off anti aliasing for only world position pass ? i tried to turn off "Enable filtering" in render element but its not work , i got alot of artifacts in Nuke with that .

2014-05-01, 08:46:22
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Yes,

Render Setup/Corona Settings/Actions/Render only elements (without AA)

2014-05-01, 11:23:23
Reply #2

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
thank u belly ,i didn`t see that , the only problem is it needs to render a scene twice .

2014-05-01, 14:14:01
Reply #3

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank u belly ,i didn`t see that , the only problem is it needs to render a scene twice .
Yes, for now there is no workaround for that. You'll have to render twice. However, when you're rendering utility elements, A) you don't need AA, so 1 pass is sufficient, and B) you don't need GI, so the pass will render in seconds.

2014-05-02, 11:44:55
Reply #4

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
Yes, for now there is no workaround for that. You'll have to render twice. However, when you're rendering utility elements, A) you don't need AA, so 1 pass is sufficient, and B) you don't need GI, so the pass will render in seconds.
right , but its not fast enough in large scenes.

2014-05-02, 12:52:41
Reply #5

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you figure? If you can't afford the extra render time from rendering a single pass without AA and without path tracing, perhaps you should be using a faster engine with more bias, like V-Ray with irradiance caching or whatever?