Author Topic: Light sample multiplier per light  (Read 2898 times)

2014-04-19, 17:23:12

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
i think it would be nice if we have a Light sample multiplier for each light in scene . as i know sample rays for lights is based on intensity , and if i want to decrease the light sample for a light in far of my scene i need to decrease intensity for that light.
i know there is an global variable for that in render option but i think its much better to add a Light sample multiplier for each light.

2014-04-19, 19:58:47
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
no, this would be against basic corona principles
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-20, 00:29:39
Reply #2

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
I fear that I try to request a new feature again :) , is there any information about corona principles ?
and another question What are corona focusing on? still images ? animation/vfx ? or both of them ? from your words, i realized that you have more focus on still images.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-20, 00:33:42 by vrMan »

2014-04-20, 01:27:01
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Renderer should not be full of interdependent parameters that do not affect the artistic quality of the image. People should focus on art, not tweaking sampling settings. Corona is already smart enough about sampling, and it will even smarter about it in future. Those are basic principles of corona. No area light/reflection/refraction samples and bullshit like that. So please do not post more similar requests, you will just waste your time.

Also, absence of sampling settings has absolutely no effect on if the renderer is focused on still images or animation, or certain branch of CG industry. Absence of sampling settings has only effect on simplicity and ease of use, and these parameters have their place in both stills and animations, and in all of the CG industry branches.

2014-04-20, 13:52:56
Reply #4

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net