Author Topic: iTOO forest lite not working on Corona  (Read 4892 times)

2014-04-11, 10:52:26

zeeguls

• Users
    • View Profile
Morning all,

This is my first post and I've recently been test Corona from release of V5.......what can I say, what a beautiful render engine, and compared to MR it’s really fast. I hope to post some of my work in progress and hopefully finished scenes soon so i can start to fully engage with this great forum.

My reason for posting this is that I seem to be having issues with Forest plugin. I understand that with V6 we should have full functionality? And others on the forum seem to be using it without issue. I have also posted to iTOO's forum but hoped perhaps some corona users can help?

My problem is that I can't seem to get the proxy geometry to work!

I have followed the tutorial on iTOO's web site (http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_realgrass.php). Now when I render I see the core geometry (i.e not proxies), so all good so far. Then I use forest to create an initial grass clump (using proxies of the core geometry), this also renders fine. The problem occurs when I then create forest proxies using the grass clump. It is these items that won't appear in the render window.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also the material tint function isn't working!

I'm using the latest build (V6) the latest Forest lite (4.2.2)

I attach the file in question if someone would be kind enough to review.

Thank you

2014-04-11, 12:47:31
Reply #1

Aleks_1970

• Users
    • View Profile
You need to properly configure the display properties per the visualization. Highlighted in red!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyqrwxxzpx8npmp/forest%20pack.jpg

2014-04-11, 14:48:32
Reply #2

zeeguls

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply Aleks.

I did try that and I have tried again following your advice.

Unfortunately I'm still not getting anything!

Image attached for reference!

I can't seem to get this working, very frustrating!

I can't think of a system wide setting that would affect this behaviour, so not sure where to go from here.

2014-04-11, 17:40:35
Reply #3

Michal Karmazín

• Users
    • View Profile
    • iToo Software
Hi,

This issue happens only on Lite version of Forest Pack.

While opening in Pro version everything works fine, but in Forest Pack Lite there is limitation blocking Forest object conversion to mesh and this is causing the issue.

Unfortunately, actually there is no workaround for this problem. Hopefully this will be fixed for next release of Forest Pack.

Kind regards,

2014-04-11, 17:55:18
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, so if there is nothing I can do about it, I will close the bugreport and we will wait for the next release of FP
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)