Author Topic: DBR popup disable on slave  (Read 4548 times)

2014-03-24, 11:08:19

nuliajuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • aunar 3d
Hi guys, great new release, I'm working now using DBR and it works pretty well for me, anyone has idea how to disable pop-up window (cmd + rendering progress) on slave machine. Is there any way to turn it on in "silent" mode in background?

2014-03-24, 12:13:41
Reply #1

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
only if keymaster (re)write code to make DR run in "silent" mode)
Hope, it will be done, i've already wrote here about this thing)

2014-03-24, 13:41:06
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I already have this planned (optional "silent" mode with no popups), but I didnt have time to include it into A6
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-24, 14:14:10
Reply #3

nuliajuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • aunar 3d
Great, thank You very much ;)

2014-03-27, 06:50:03
Reply #4

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Good news, Keymaster! Thank you!

2015-03-04, 09:21:20
Reply #5

Daniel Döring

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I know it's an old topic, but is there a silent instal method now? Nothing in the instructions.

Thanks in advance

2015-03-04, 10:06:21
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
This is another reason (for me) to run DrServer as windows service. Just like satellite server/backburner server/vray spawner and so on. See https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7272.0.html

This way you can even use workstations with interactive users for DR in the background. Assumed they don´t need all their CPU power and memory, they wouldn´t even notice ;) (In case of mr satellite one should change the spawning script to run the rendering task with idle priority though)

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-04-07, 11:55:01
Reply #7

Daniel Döring

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good point. But still, how to handle 40 renderblades without silent install?
Install new versions on all maschines one by one?

I'm not the IT pro...

2015-04-09, 17:48:59
Reply #8

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi Daniel,

write a update script? Your 40 nodes should have identical configuration I presume. The script should act like a manual install (copy files) and with drserver running as service you can stop it remotely using "sc" command, copy over the new/changed files and restart it (maybe clean the drdata directory meanwhile). Corona itself should be easy to update/install as long as no max instance is running. Use the "just unpack" option of the installer and copy over the files from the apropriate "3ds max [version_here]" directory. But I would recommend to install every major Corona version on all blades in the first place because I don´t know exactly e.g. what registry settings are done by the installer.

Hmmm another topic for the Goodies section...

Good luck!
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-04-09, 17:53:59
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
no necessary registry entries are made. Running "just unpack" and then copying files from one of the directories directly to the node is guaranteed to work
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)