Author Topic: setting up distributed rendering??? wits end  (Read 4229 times)

2020-06-22, 00:30:14

Bobbysmith05

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

I have 2 computers and want to use distributed rendering. I've installed max,corona,backburner and corona DR server on both machines I have connected the pcs together with an ethernet cable. Unfortunately they are not working and I've spent hours messing about, watching tutorials etc to no avail. Corona website makes it appear was to set up but this is not my experience so far. I've attached screenshots of the DR server as seen from both computers and the distributed render screen in render setup. Any ideas?  these computers are going in a skip if I can't get this to work so I'd appreciate any help or advice. both computers appear in the network tab in file explorer on both computers so they should be able to connect or is there some other steps I'm missing?

2020-06-22, 15:56:59
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What are your settings in Max on the master computer, in the System tab, under the Distributed Rendering settings? (as seen in https://corona-renderer.com/stuff/helpdesk/dr/search-lan-button.png from the helpdesk at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666-how-to-use-distributed-rendering- )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-06-22, 17:22:36
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Do NOT start DrServer on your master pc until you know what you do. I guess you have started DrServer on both machines, and then started a Max session on JOSH-PC. In this case, broadcast detection does not work (the "Search LAN" button), you would have to add the slave manually. So

1. Ensure no Max is running on both computers (see task manager)
2. Run DrServer on "DESKTOP-J98ESAD"
3. Start 3dsMax on "JOSH-PC"
4. Click "Search LAN"

and see if it finds the slave.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-06-22, 21:30:13
Reply #3

Bobbysmith05

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thnks for the suggestions turns out in the end I didn't have license server running so I've got both up and running unfortunately they are both cr@p computers meaning corona remains unfeasible

2020-06-24, 16:20:48
Reply #4

Attila Cselovszki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Bobbysmith05,

Please let me recommend that you try out Pulze Render Manager. It automatically handles the distributed jobs in Corona so you do not have to spend time on setting up the system. On top of that in this case it notifies you that the nodes have a license issue. So it is not just a time saver in daily production but also an IT maintenance tool as well.

For more info check the tutorial series:

list=PLAiNL1B64nyN6F63-aSRXQRoSmrA5UTGT

Cheers,

Attila

2020-06-24, 18:28:51
Reply #5

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That Pulze manager looks promising. But there are also OSX & C4D users out there. :)

2020-06-25, 11:59:07
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Bobbysmith05 - sorry for the delay from our side. As far as I understood, you did manage to get both computers working with Corona's DR - is that right? If you need any help, please let me know, and I will do my best to diagnose this and offer some possible solutions.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us