Author Topic: Can't open file  (Read 6582 times)

2020-03-27, 03:13:35

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Few days ago my Windows updated with some problems related to User profile and it's folder in User folder. I don't know, is the problem with this file related to Windows update  issue, but after that I'm getting tens of the same error messages when I try to open it. They do not get away if I press Continue, new ones are coming instead. "Stop showing this assertion" doesn't change anything either. Finally I just can't open this file. Unfortunately the same is happening when I'm trying to merge objects from that scene. I opened some other files and didn't get anything like this. Hope that this file is the only one with this problem, but I need to open it or at least merge objects from there. Unfortunately autobackups are overrided already...
Please, help. Here are the message screenshot and info copied to clipboard from this message
Windows 10 PRO, Max 2014, Corona 6 16-03-2020
Thanks in advanced

2020-03-27, 09:50:14
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We know about this issue, it should be fixed in the next daily build.

I will let you know when we release it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=479299762)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 11:20:16
Reply #2

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you rowmanns for your reply.
Does it mean that this problem related to Corona only and not connected with Windows issues?

2020-03-27, 11:36:42
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yeah this one is our bug. I believe it has nothing to do with Windows etc.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 11:42:40
Reply #4

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks
Do you know what caused this issue and how to avoid this situation with other scenes?

2020-03-27, 12:36:33
Reply #5

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We know about this issue, it should be fixed in the next daily build.

I will let you know when we release it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=479299762)

What do you think, will it be possible to open that file after the fix, or this fix will stop to corrupt the scenes and the one which I have is dead forever, so I have to recreate it?

2020-03-27, 12:45:44
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Hopefully you should be able to open your scene.

If you are able to send the scene to me I will be able to test it with our fix to ensure it is working correctly.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 13:07:37
Reply #7

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Hopefully you should be able to open your scene.

If you are able to send the scene to me I will be able to test it with our fix to ensure it is working correctly.

Rowan

Thank you

Done with Corona Uploader
1585310090_f********-b***.rar

« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 13:24:52 by Bormax »

2020-03-27, 13:50:03
Reply #8

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tried to open and render the scene which partly contains the same objects as the one with the problem - opening was OK, but during the rendering I've got this error message each time I clicked on VFB's tabs

An internal error occurred: wxWidgets assertion failure. Please, report this problem to us.
File: C:\Corona\dependencies\build\unpacked\wxWidgets\3.1.3\sources\src\common\wincmn.cpp(3314)
Function: wxWindowBase::CaptureMouse
Condition: !wxMouseCapture::IsInCaptureStack(this)

I didn't get this message with other scenes

2020-03-27, 14:21:06
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the scene, are you also able to provide the assets? It appears the bug is only present when the assets are loaded.

The wxwidgets error is a strange one, we have not been able to reproduce it consistenly ever. It is usually solved by selecting another window and then reselcting 3ds Max. If you are able to reproduce it 100% of the time I would be interesting in looking at the scene too.

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 14:26:09 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 14:55:24
Reply #10

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the scene, are you also able to provide the assets? It appears the bug is only present when the assets are loaded.

I can't open this scene, so I couldn't collect all assets (I don't remember everything). But I can guess that the most complicated object in that scene is blanket with material which contains CoronaSelect map with 14 bitmaps plugged in to it. Actually the same object and the same material I have in another scene (where I've got wxwidgets error) which opens normally, so I can collect all assets concerning this object from second scene, if you think this could be the case.

The wxwidgets error is a strange one, we have not been able to reproduce it consistenly ever. It is usually solved by selecting another window and then reselcting 3ds Max. If you are able to reproduce it 100% of the time I would be interesting in looking at the scene too.

Rowan
I've opened the same scene in second Max instance and this time didn't get this kind of errors, thanks

2020-03-27, 15:06:04
Reply #11

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uploaded bed assets
1585317918_bed-assets.zip

2020-03-27, 15:50:16
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So even with the assets you sent the scene opens fine for me.
I think for the time being we can test with our internal scene which has the same issue.

Thanks

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 18:52:16
Reply #13

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So even with the assets you sent the scene opens fine for me.
I think for the time being we can test with our internal scene which has the same issue.

Thanks

Rowan

Could you, please, send me privately the list of missing assets? I already collect some of them which I was able to remember, but would be better to get them all together to find out what is causing this problem

Edit
Installed Corona 5 and opened file normally. I'll collect all assets and upload them soon
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 19:11:44 by Bormax »

2020-03-27, 19:39:23
Reply #14

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uploaded in 2 files
1585334076_assets.part1.rar
1585334331_assets.part2.rar